Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Banana Bread

Banana Bread

12 servings
Native to the Caribbean and Central America, bananas are one of America's favorite fruits. They are rich in potassium - one banana contains 450 mg, one-fifth of the adult daily requirement - and offer a fair share of magnesium (33 mg), too. In addition, bananas help to strengthen the stomach lining and are good for soothing indigestion. Most banana bread recipes are saturated with butter and sugar. This one uses a small amount of canola oil instead - which is much better for your heart - and honey, which of course means lots of flavor. Don't use regular whole-wheat flour. It is too heavy for this recipe. Look for whole-wheat pastry flour instead.

Ingredients:
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup honey
3 tbsp canola oil, plus a little more for oiling the loaf pan
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Instructions:
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a loaf pan.

2. Mash the bananas and mix with the honey, canola oil and vanilla extract.

3. Stir together the whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda and salt. Add the nuts.

4. Blend the two mixtures and spoon into a lightly oiled loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set.

Nutritional Information:

Per serving:
200 calories
8 g total fat (1 g sat)
0 mg cholesterol
32 g carbohydrate
3 g protein
3 g fiber
203 mg sodium

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 19:57:44 -0500, "Gumbo"
> wrote:

>2. Mash the bananas and mix with the honey, canola oil and vanilla extract.
>
>3. Stir together the whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda and salt. Add the nuts.
>

>32 g carbohydrate

per small slice.

You have GOT to be joking.
Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1000mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Planning on the Net
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Gumbo wrote:
> Banana Bread
>
> 12 servings
> Native to the Caribbean and Central America, bananas are

one of
> America's favorite fruits. They are rich in potassium -

one banana
> contains 450 mg, one-fifth of the adult daily

requirement - and offer
> a fair share of magnesium (33 mg), too. In addition,

bananas help to
> strengthen the stomach lining and are good for soothing

indigestion.
> Most banana bread recipes are saturated with butter and

sugar. This
> one uses a small amount of canola oil instead - which is

much better
> for your heart - and honey, which of course means lots of

flavor.
> Don't use regular whole-wheat flour. It is too heavy for

this recipe.
> Look for whole-wheat pastry flour instead.
>
> Ingredients:
> 3 very ripe bananas
> 1/2 cup honey
> 3 tbsp canola oil, plus a little more for oiling the loaf

pan
> 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
> 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
> 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
> 1/4 tsp salt
> 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
>

> Instructions:
> 1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a loaf pan.
>
> 2. Mash the bananas and mix with the honey, canola oil and

vanilla
> extract.
>
> 3. Stir together the whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda

and salt.
> Add the nuts.
>
> 4. Blend the two mixtures and spoon into a lightly oiled

loaf pan.
> Bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set.
>

> Nutritional Information:
>
> Per serving:
> 200 calories
> 8 g total fat (1 g sat)
> 0 mg cholesterol
> 32 g carbohydrate
> 3 g protein
> 3 g fiber
> 203 mg sodium

I must be in the wrong newsgroup Oh no, it is the
DIABETIC group. I might be able to handle 1 bite....

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Sounds Tastey Gumbo
I doubt very much those that insist on everything non veggie being high fat and low carb will like it.
i would make a few changes.
instead of very over ripe bananas i would use ones with a little green still on the peel.
they work better for me.

i believe different honeys turn to sugar slower than others.. i forgot which and i could be wrong - i would look into it.

other than that.. it sounds very tastey.

with only 32 carbs i could still add 13gm carb of veggies.

Tom

"Gumbo" > wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Cuz Cuz is offline

Gumbo > wrote:
| Banana Bread
|
| 12 servings

Sounds like a good recipe for banana bread but you
have to really hate diabetics to post it to alt.food.diabetic.

What is wrong? Are you so upset about being diabetic
that you feel you have to destroy all diabetics?

Cuz
--
It's a place to listen and read for a while, called lurking. Get
an idea of

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Gumbo wrote:
>> Banana Bread
>>
>> 12 servings
>> Native to the Caribbean and Central America, bananas are

> one of
>> America's favorite fruits. They are rich in potassium -

> one banana
>> contains 450 mg, one-fifth of the adult daily

> requirement - and offer
>> a fair share of magnesium (33 mg), too. In addition,

> bananas help to
>> strengthen the stomach lining and are good for soothing

> indigestion.
>> Most banana bread recipes are saturated with butter and

> sugar. This
>> one uses a small amount of canola oil instead - which is

> much better
>> for your heart - and honey, which of course means lots of

> flavor.
>> Don't use regular whole-wheat flour. It is too heavy for

> this recipe.
>> Look for whole-wheat pastry flour instead.
>>
>> Ingredients:
>> 3 very ripe bananas
>> 1/2 cup honey
>> 3 tbsp canola oil, plus a little more for oiling the loaf

> pan
>> 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
>> 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
>> 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
>> 1/4 tsp salt
>> 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
>>

>> Instructions:
>> 1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a loaf pan.
>>
>> 2. Mash the bananas and mix with the honey, canola oil and

> vanilla
>> extract.
>>
>> 3. Stir together the whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda

> and salt.
>> Add the nuts.
>>
>> 4. Blend the two mixtures and spoon into a lightly oiled

> loaf pan.
>> Bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set.
>>

>> Nutritional Information:
>>
>> Per serving:
>> 200 calories
>> 8 g total fat (1 g sat)
>> 0 mg cholesterol
>> 32 g carbohydrate
>> 3 g protein
>> 3 g fiber
>> 203 mg sodium

> I must be in the wrong newsgroup Oh no, it is the
> DIABETIC group. I might be able to handle 1 bite....

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Gumbo wrote:
>> Banana Bread
>>
>> 12 servings
>> Native to the Caribbean and Central America, bananas are

> one of
>> America's favorite fruits. They are rich in potassium -

> one banana
>> contains 450 mg, one-fifth of the adult daily

> requirement - and offer
>> a fair share of magnesium (33 mg), too. In addition,

> bananas help to
>> strengthen the stomach lining and are good for soothing

> indigestion.
>> Most banana bread recipes are saturated with butter and

> sugar. This
>> one uses a small amount of canola oil instead - which is

> much better
>> for your heart - and honey, which of course means lots of

> flavor.
>> Don't use regular whole-wheat flour. It is too heavy for

> this recipe.
>> Look for whole-wheat pastry flour instead.
>>
>> Ingredients:
>> 3 very ripe bananas
>> 1/2 cup honey
>> 3 tbsp canola oil, plus a little more for oiling the loaf

> pan
>> 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
>> 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
>> 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
>> 1/4 tsp salt
>> 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
>>

>> Instructions:
>> 1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a loaf pan.
>>
>> 2. Mash the bananas and mix with the honey, canola oil and

> vanilla
>> extract.
>>
>> 3. Stir together the whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda

> and salt.
>> Add the nuts.
>>
>> 4. Blend the two mixtures and spoon into a lightly oiled

> loaf pan.
>> Bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set.
>>

>> Nutritional Information:
>>
>> Per serving:
>> 200 calories
>> 8 g total fat (1 g sat)
>> 0 mg cholesterol
>> 32 g carbohydrate
>> 3 g protein
>> 3 g fiber
>> 203 mg sodium

> I must be in the wrong newsgroup Oh no, it is the
> DIABETIC group. I might be able to handle 1 bite....

REC Banana Bread Doug Freyburger General Cooking 1 24-04-2010 03:34 AM
Banana Nut Bread Lee[_17_] Baking 2 28-01-2010 10:22 PM
Banana Bread kilikini General Cooking 45 02-07-2007 05:02 PM
Banana Bread Eleanor Creighton Recipes (moderated) 0 23-02-2007 01:02 AM
Banana Bread [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 05-02-2004 02:27 AM