Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Kitchen cabinetry

I am looking for some comments on cabinet manufacturers (not local cabinet
makers) like Kraftmaid, Wood-mode, Elmar, etc. Any idea how much they cost?
The custom guys seem to want about $1,000 per linear foot, which seems high.
I looked at the Elmar site, and their stuff looks very neat (tech-wise), but
I'd want to see it in a showroom or actual kitchen. Venicia by Kraftmaid
looks good for my needs, but I have no idea of the cost (I'll check with
them this week.).

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 23:41:22 GMT, "So'n'so" > wrote:

>I am looking for some comments on cabinet manufacturers (not local cabinet
>makers) like Kraftmaid, Wood-mode, Elmar, etc. Any idea how much they cost?

Your cabinet mileage may vary. San Fran dealer will be entirely
different than a quote from Bob's cabinets in Colombia, SC.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"So'n'so" > wrote in message
>I am looking for some comments on cabinet manufacturers (not local cabinet
>makers) like Kraftmaid, Wood-mode, Elmar, etc. Any idea how much they
>cost? The custom guys seem to want about $1,000 per linear foot, which
>seems high. I looked at the Elmar site, and their stuff looks very neat
>(tech-wise), but I'd want to see it in a showroom or actual kitchen.
>Venicia by Kraftmaid looks good for my needs, but I have no idea of the
>cost (I'll check with them this week.).

HD and Lowe's sell Kraftmaid. Take your measurements and let them work-up a
kitchen design for you to get a price. The price will probably be a little
higher at a kitchen design store, but there could be a difference in the
construction of the cabinets made for the trade versus HD. Also, the
kitchen designer will most likely give you a better design and better
service than the big box stores.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Kitchen designers in NYC want $1,000 per linear foot. Seems very high.

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message
.. .
>> HD and Lowe's sell Kraftmaid. Take your measurements and let them
>> work-up a

> kitchen design for you to get a price. The price will probably be a
> little higher at a kitchen design store, but there could be a difference
> in the construction of the cabinets made for the trade versus HD. Also,
> the kitchen designer will most likely give you a better design and better
> service than the big box stores.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 02:05:16 GMT, "So'n'so" > wrote:

>Kitchen designers in NYC want $1,000 per linear foot. Seems very high.

Do the cabinets have inset doors? Who are they using to make the cabinets?
Some outfit like Draper-DBS, Pennville Cabinetry, Rutt, or Joe Rambo?

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Euro-style (not sure if that's considered inset). Elmar (Italian) is one of
the manufacturers. Haven't heard of Draper-DBS, but I don't think that
Pennville or Rutt make euro-style, but are more baroque style.