Posted to rec.food.equipment
Sis

Default LG microwave

I'm looking for a small stainless steel countertop style microwave to use
mainly for reheating foods and for popcorn. My 1st question is: has anyone
had experience with an LG microwave? I saw a nice one at Target for $99.00.
Also, Is it possible to mount the microwave under a counter and do you know
where I could find a kit for this? Thanks. Sis

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Edwin Pawlowski

"Sis" > wrote in message
> I'm looking for a small stainless steel countertop style microwave to use
> mainly for reheating foods and for popcorn. My 1st question is: has anyone
> had experience with an LG microwave? I saw a nice one at Target for
> $99.00.
> Also, Is it possible to mount the microwave under a counter and do you
> know where I could find a kit for this? Thanks. Sis

LG makes mention of a through the wall kit, but no under counter. You'd
probably have to build a shelf hanging from a cabinet. Given the fact that
it is 12" high, what do you really gain? Perhaps a place to keep napkins
under it, but not much else. It also weight 33 ponds so you don't want to
hang it with a cheap bracket or just a couple of screws.

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Sis

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
t...

> "Sis" > wrote in message
>> I'm looking for a small stainless steel countertop style microwave to use
>> mainly for reheating foods and for popcorn. My 1st question is: has
>> anyone had experience with an LG microwave? I saw a nice one at Target
>> for $99.00.
>> Also, Is it possible to mount the microwave under a counter and do you
>> know where I could find a kit for this? Thanks. Sis

> LG makes mention of a through the wall kit, but no under counter. You'd
> probably have to build a shelf hanging from a cabinet. Given the fact
> that it is 12" high, what do you really gain? Perhaps a place to keep
> napkins under it, but not much else. It also weight 33 ponds so you don't
> want to hang it with a cheap bracket or just a couple of screws.

Thanks, Ed. I should have explained that the cabinet that I want to hang the
microwave under is up high, above a small, built in desk area in my kitchen.
I wonder how the "through the wall microwave" idea works? Sis

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Vox Humana

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
t...

> "Sis" > wrote in message
>> I'm looking for a small stainless steel countertop style microwave to use

Sharp makes great microwaves and I believe they have an under-the-cabinet
model in stainless. You might take a look at www.sharpusa.com
>> mainly for reheating foods and for popcorn. My 1st question is: has
>> anyone had experience with an LG microwave? I saw a nice one at Target
>> for $99.00.
>> Also, Is it possible to mount the microwave under a counter and do you
>> know where I could find a kit for this? Thanks. Sis

> LG makes mention of a through the wall kit, but no under counter. You'd
> probably have to build a shelf hanging from a cabinet. Given the fact
> that it is 12" high, what do you really gain? Perhaps a place to keep
> napkins under it, but not much else. It also weight 33 ponds so you don't
> want to hang it with a cheap bracket or just a couple of screws.

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Sis

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message
. ..

>> "Sis" > wrote in message
>>> I'm looking for a small stainless steel countertop style microwave to
>>> use

> Sharp makes great microwaves and I believe they have an under-the-cabinet
> model in stainless. You might take a look at www.sharpusa.com
>>> mainly for reheating foods and for popcorn. My 1st question is: has
>>> anyone had experience with an LG microwave? I saw a nice one at Target
>>> for $99.00.
>>> Also, Is it possible to mount the microwave under a counter and do you
>>> know where I could find a kit for this? Thanks. Sis

Thanks. I'm going to check out that site. Sis