Ray & Kathy Albertson

Default Stacking ramekins?

I've been very annoyed that some otherwise excellent Pyrex storage
containers (with plastic lids) just don't stack well--they take up too much
space and tend to stick when pulling off the top one. I'm looking for some
ramekins--and the bigger, the better--that will stack nicely. Apilco of
France makes some
(http://www.directgiftsource.com/acat...mekins_200px.J
PG) in a 5 oz capacity. Corning makes one in a 7 oz capacity that looks
perfect, but the question is: does it stack? (See
http://www.kitchenetc.com/Products.cfm?sku=000964817). Even better, are
plastic lids available?

Many thanks for those acqainted with either of these products (or can point
me in an even more satisfactory direction!) --Ray

graham

"Ray & Kathy Albertson" > wrote in message
> I've been very annoyed that some otherwise excellent Pyrex storage
> containers (with plastic lids) just don't stack well--they take up too

much
> space and tend to stick when pulling off the top one. I'm looking for

some
> ramekins--and the bigger, the better--that will stack nicely. Apilco of
> France makes some

(http://www.directgiftsource.com/acat...mekins_200px.J
> PG) in a 5 oz capacity. Corning makes one in a 7 oz capacity that looks
> perfect, but the question is: does it stack? (See
> http://www.kitchenetc.com/Products.cfm?sku=000964817). Even better, are
> plastic lids available?
>
> Many thanks for those acqainted with either of these products (or can

point
> me in an even more satisfactory direction!) --Ray

Just bought a dozen at IKEA. They stack.
Graham

Viviane

I've got some that probably aren't stackable - the bottoms don't fit nicely
in the tops! However I can balance about 4 on each other with the bottom
one flat, the next balanced on top at an angle and the next one on the
opposite so and so on until it looks precarious. Probably not too neat, but
it takes up less space in the cupboard!

Viviane

"Ray & Kathy Albertson" > wrote in message
> I've been very annoyed that some otherwise excellent Pyrex storage
> containers (with plastic lids) just don't stack well--they take up too

much
> space and tend to stick when pulling off the top one. I'm looking for

some
> ramekins--and the bigger, the better--that will stack nicely. Apilco of
> France makes some

(http://www.directgiftsource.com/acat...mekins_200px.J
> PG) in a 5 oz capacity. Corning makes one in a 7 oz capacity that looks
> perfect, but the question is: does it stack? (See
> http://www.kitchenetc.com/Products.cfm?sku=000964817). Even better, are
> plastic lids available?
>
> Many thanks for those acqainted with either of these products (or can

point
> me in an even more satisfactory direction!) --Ray

chillled

Ray & Kathy Albertson wrote:
> I've been very annoyed that some otherwise excellent Pyrex storage
> containers (with plastic lids) just don't stack well--they take up too much
> space and tend to stick when pulling off the top one.

I stack my Pyrex ramekins with paper cupcake liners in between to
prevent sticking.

Stacking ovens and microwave Bill Hogsett Cooking Equipment 16 05-01-2007 09:43 PM
Stacking jars in BWB - OK? Anny Middon Preserving 2 11-10-2006 10:43 PM
Ramekins Staycalm General Cooking 20 14-10-2005 10:11 PM
Stacking jars in a BWB Mark & Shauna Preserving 4 21-09-2004 01:50 AM