N. Thornton

Default Non stick stainless steel Q

Hi

Are 3 layer non-stick-on-steel pans dishwashable? They're arc-spray
coated, with a thick ali base with stainless steel protector.

I've googled, and oddly I cant find a single page with washing
information this way.

Thanks, NT
Kate Dicey

"N. Thornton" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Are 3 layer non-stick-on-steel pans dishwashable? They're arc-spray
> coated, with a thick ali base with stainless steel protector.
>
> I've googled, and oddly I cant find a single page with washing
> information this way.
>
> Thanks, NT

Depends on the brand. My Prestige SS non-stick frying pan is
dishwasherable, but other brands may not be. Have you done a google for
info on the brand you have?
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Fred

"N. Thornton" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi
>

> Are 3 layer non-stick-on-steel pans dishwashable? They're arc-spray
> coated, with a thick ali base with stainless steel protector.
>
> I've googled, and oddly I cant find a single page with washing
> information this way.
>

> Thanks, NT

The simple answer is no. You shouldn't put your cookware in a dishwasher -
any cookware. Dishwashers are for dishes. Take care.

Fred
The Good Gourmet
http://www.thegoodgourmet.com

Kenneth

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:32:28 GMT, "Fred" >
wrote:

>The simple answer is no. You shouldn't put your cookware in a dishwasher -
>any cookware. Dishwashers are for dishes.

Hi Fred,

In a word: "Why?"

My dishwasher describes its pot cleaning ability, and my Sitram pots
come out looking like new.

Thanks for your comments,

--
Kenneth

H. W. Hans Kuntze

Fred wrote:

>"N. Thornton" > wrote in message
. com...
> =20
>
>>Hi
>>

>>Are 3 layer non-stick-on-steel pans dishwashable? They're arc-spray
>>coated, with a thick ali base with stainless steel protector.
>>
>>I've googled, and oddly I cant find a single page with washing
>>information this way.
>>

>>Thanks, NT
>> =20
>>

>The simple answer is no. You shouldn't put your cookware in a dishwashe=

r -
>any cookware. Dishwashers are for dishes. Take care.
> =20

Wonder why most have a pot scrup cycle, Fred?

--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com ,
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/=20

Charles Demas

In article >,
H. W. Hans Kuntze > wrote:
>Fred wrote:
>
>>"N. Thornton" > wrote in message
.com...

>>>Hi
>>>

>>>Are 3 layer non-stick-on-steel pans dishwashable? They're arc-spray
>>>coated, with a thick ali base with stainless steel protector.
>>>
>>>I've googled, and oddly I cant find a single page with washing
>>>information this way.
>>>

>>>Thanks, NT
>>>

>>The simple answer is no. You shouldn't put your cookware in a dishwasher -
>>any cookware. Dishwashers are for dishes. Take care.
>>

>Wonder why most have a pot scrup cycle, Fred?

Restaurants don't use a dishwasher for pots, they use people.

Wonder why, Hans? :-)

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,
| \___/ | http://world.std.com/~cpd
H. W. Hans Kuntze

Charles Demas wrote:

>In article >,
>H. W. Hans Kuntze > wrote:
> =20
>
>>Fred wrote:
>>
>> =20
>>
>>>"N. Thornton" > wrote in message
e.com...
>>>=20
>>>
>>> =20

>>>The simple answer is no. You shouldn't put your cookware in a dishwas=

her -
>>>any cookware. Dishwashers are for dishes. Take care.
>>>=20
>>>
>>> =20
>>>

>>Wonder why most have a pot scrup cycle, Fred?
>> =20
>>

>Restaurants don't use a dishwasher for pots, they use people.
>
>Wonder why, Hans? :-)

Because, if they have an airline (conveyor) type Hobart, it messes up=20
their water, Chuck.
Especially for the glasses.
And the pots are much dirtier than they would get at home.
The cycle is much shorter too, no adequate pre-soak.
But there is no reason, otherwise, not to run the lightly soiled pots=20
through the dishwasher, if there is capacity.

Plus, they need the dishwasher for their dishes and the pearldivers need =

to be kept busy.

My pots&pans go in the dishwasher at home (MC&Copper Classics), provided =

there is room.
No problems so far since the early eighties, although the Cuisinart are=20
recent.

--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com ,
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/=20

Kate Dicey

Charles Demas wrote:

> Restaurants don't use a dishwasher for pots, they use people.
>
> Wonder why, Hans? :-)
>
> Chuck Demas

Because when cooks burn stuff onto the pans, they need scrubbing with
wire wool! Also, if they use copper pans, or cast iron, those are NOT
dishwasherable. HOWEVER, all my stainless steel pans come with
dishwashering instructions, INCLUDING the Prestige non stick frying pan.

Commercial/hotel type dishwashers are not of the same type or
construction as domestic ones.
--
Kate XXXXXX (one time hotel kitchen skivvy and wielder of the
dishwasher)
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Kate Dicey

"H. W. Hans Kuntze" wrote:

> Because, if they have an airline (conveyor) type Hobart, it messes up
> their water, Chuck.

That's the kind I used! Horrible object! If I remember aright, they
use industrial strength liquid detergent too (ours, I think, ran on
stuff called T-Pol), rather than the caustic stuff of the domestic
dishwasher.

> Especially for the glasses.

I used to save them up and run them through separately, at the end.
Took less time than washing them by hand, they came out fine with
freshly de-bunged filters and clean water, and I just rinsed them off a
bit more with the hot water spray and they dried off fine without the
need for polishing. Got lipstick off the glasses a treat!

> And the pots are much dirtier than they would get at home.

OH, BOY, YES! Urk! Burnt on stuff half an inch thick!

> The cycle is much shorter too, no adequate pre-soak.

Bout 15 minutes, I seem to remember... Gave me time to load the next
basket of 50 plates...

> But there is no reason, otherwise, not to run the lightly soiled pots
> through the dishwasher, if there is capacity.

I do that all the time. I run loads of nothing but pots sometimes, if
there's been lots of us, or I've been cooking with lots of saucepans!

> Plus, they need the dishwasher for their dishes and the pearldivers need
> to be kept busy.

pots, and nothing but the pots! AND told the cook off for burning them!

> My pots&pans go in the dishwasher at home (MC&Copper Classics), provided
> there is room.

See above!

> No problems so far since the early eighties, although the Cuisinart are
> recent.

Some of my pots have been dishwashered almost daily for 15 years and
show no adverse symptoms.

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
N. Thornton

Kate Dicey > wrote in message >...

> Commercial/hotel type dishwashers are not of the same type or
> construction as domestic ones.

I'm now educated on commercial dishwashers, but still dont know what
to do with Steelon pans I googled steelon and a whole assortment of
words to do with washing, of any kind, and was stumped to get not one
relevant hit at all.

The only interesting thing I learnt was that in India 'steelon' non
stick pans sell for about 2GBP to 3GBP for the bigger ones. Thats
about 3 to 5 USD. Perhaps I should reconsider my holiday ideas

Regards, NT

Kate Dicey

"N. Thornton" wrote:

> Kate Dicey > wrote in message >...
>
> > Commercial/hotel type dishwashers are not of the same type or
> > construction as domestic ones.

> I'm now educated on commercial dishwashers, but still dont know what
> to do with Steelon pans I googled steelon and a whole assortment of
> words to do with washing, of any kind, and was stumped to get not one
> relevant hit at all.
>
> The only interesting thing I learnt was that in India 'steelon' non
> stick pans sell for about 2GBP to 3GBP for the bigger ones. Thats
> about 3 to 5 USD. Perhaps I should reconsider my holiday ideas
>
> Regards, NT

Make sure you bring back recipes and spices when you go! ;D

Oh, and drop me off a few pans while you're at it! At that price, I can
stand a non-stick pan or two!