f/256

Default Staub/Le Creuset - Does the very rim of pot and lid chips easily?

When I finally decided to go get the Le creuset my local COSTCO was selling
(4.5qt dutch oven and 2qt sauce pan), they are no longer selling it, instead
they have a set from STAUB (5.liters and 2.5liters). I know the stuff on
display at Costco gets abused, but the lids and oven rims where all flaking
pretty badly, I don't remember seeing the same time of damage on the Le
Creuset stuff, so the question is: will the enamel on the rims flake just by
"normally" lifting and placing back of the lid?

Thx,

Guillermo

Posted to rec.food.equipment
f/256

"sd" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "f/256" > wrote:
>
> > I know the stuff on
> > display at Costco gets abused, but the lids and oven rims where all

flaking
> > pretty badly, I don't remember seeing the same time of damage on the Le
> > Creuset stuff, so the question is: will the enamel on the rims flake

just by
> > "normally" lifting and placing back of the lid?

> I've never used Staub, so I can't speak about _it_, but I have a
> fair amount of LC. The only chip I have -- on one pot -- is from
> dropping it on a hard surface. The rest get used, lids and all, and
> I've never had a problem with flaking -- and some of these pots are
> ten years old.

Good to hear that is your experience. Just yesterday I ordered my first LC
piece, hope it works good enough for me so I am encouraged to add couple of
more pieces (sizes and shape) I am interested in. Thx for your answer.

Guillermo