Jo Ann Malina

Default Sur la Table cookware

I notice on the Sur la Table web site that they have their own brand
of cookware and bakeware. Has anyone used these? They are lower
priced than the All Clads and other famous brands. Are they sturdy,
even-heating, does the non-stick not stick, etc; or are they more like
seconds with a store brand slapped on?

http://www.surlatable.com

--
Jo Ann Malina, make spamthis best to find my address
While happiness cannot be bought, it can be baked and served with
Vox Humana

"Jo Ann Malina" > wrote in message
o.verio.net...
> I notice on the Sur la Table web site that they have their own brand
> of cookware and bakeware. Has anyone used these? They are lower
> priced than the All Clads and other famous brands. Are they sturdy,
> even-heating, does the non-stick not stick, etc; or are they more like
> seconds with a store brand slapped on?
>
> http://www.surlatable.com

I haven't used it, but I have looked at it in the store. It looks and feels
very good - better than AllClade in my opinion. I wouldn't hesitate to buy
it, but check their return policy if you have doubts.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Jo Ann Malina" > wrote in message
o.verio.net...
>I notice on the Sur la Table web site that they have their own brand
> of cookware and bakeware. Has anyone used these? They are lower
> priced than the All Clads and other famous brands. Are they sturdy,
> even-heating, does the non-stick not stick, etc; or are they more like
> seconds with a store brand slapped on?
>
> http://www.surlatable.com

Sure looks good to me. All Clad is very nice cookware, but incredibly high
priced compared to other brands that are also very good.

graham

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> "Jo Ann Malina" > wrote in message
> o.verio.net...
>>I notice on the Sur la Table web site that they have their own brand
>> of cookware and bakeware. Has anyone used these? They are lower
>> priced than the All Clads and other famous brands. Are they sturdy,
>> even-heating, does the non-stick not stick, etc; or are they more like
>> seconds with a store brand slapped on?
>>
>> http://www.surlatable.com

> Sure looks good to me. All Clad is very nice cookware, but incredibly
> high priced compared to other brands that are also very good.

Whichever you favor, check the bonding of the metal plies around the rims.
I saw an AC pan in a high end shop where the core was separating from either
the inner or outer skin (I can't remember which).
Graham

Bruce

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:21:27 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"Jo Ann Malina" > wrote in message
. to.verio.net...
>>I notice on the Sur la Table web site that they have their own brand
>> of cookware and bakeware. Has anyone used these? They are lower
>> priced than the All Clads and other famous brands. Are they sturdy,
>> even-heating, does the non-stick not stick, etc; or are they more like
>> seconds with a store brand slapped on?
>>
>> http://www.surlatable.com

>Sure looks good to me. All Clad is very nice cookware, but incredibly high
>priced compared to other brands that are also very good.

This seems like a very good deal for All Clad
http://tinyurl.com/behwg

Bruce

Vox Humana

"Remsleep" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Jo Ann Malina" > wrote in message
> > o.verio.net...
> >>I notice on the Sur la Table web site that they have their own brand
> >> of cookware and bakeware. Has anyone used these? They are lower
> >> priced than the All Clads and other famous brands. Are they sturdy,
> >> even-heating, does the non-stick not stick, etc; or are they more like
> >> seconds with a store brand slapped on?
> >>
> >> http://www.surlatable.com

> Do you know where it is manufactured? I couldn't find the info on the
> website.

China, as I recall.