Peter Aitken

Default Bosch dishwasher problems

Our Bosch has its first ever problem and before I call the repair guy I
thought I'd see if any of you have a suggestion. It was near the end of the
cycle, with 1 showing on the digital countdown (meaning 1 minute remaining).
It was actively washing when it should be quiet at this point (drying I
guess). I came back after 5 min and it was stuck at 1 and still washing.
Pressing reset did not help. Turning off the power did not help. Any ideas?
I suppose its little brain is fried.

Thanks

--
Peter Aitken

Viviane

Our LG front loading washing machine sometimes does similar things.
Sometimes a cycle that should take 2 hours can take about 2 hours and 30
minutes or 1 hour and 30 minutes. I think it depends on how much washing is
in the machine and how dirty it appears to be. Could your dishwasher be
doing something similar?

"Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
r.com...
> Our Bosch has its first ever problem and before I call the repair guy I
> thought I'd see if any of you have a suggestion. It was near the end of
> the cycle, with 1 showing on the digital countdown (meaning 1 minute
> remaining). It was actively washing when it should be quiet at this point
> (drying I guess). I came back after 5 min and it was stuck at 1 and still
> washing. Pressing reset did not help. Turning off the power did not help.
> Any ideas? I suppose its little brain is fried.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

"Viviane" > wrote in message
> Our LG front loading washing machine sometimes does similar things.
> Sometimes a cycle that should take 2 hours can take about 2 hours and 30
> minutes or 1 hour and 30 minutes. I think it depends on how much washing
> is in the machine and how dirty it appears to be. Could your dishwasher
> be doing something similar?

Thanks for the idea, but I don't think so because it has never done this in
6 years of use.

--
Peter Aitken

Vox Humana

"Viviane" > wrote in message
> Our LG front loading washing machine sometimes does similar things.
> Sometimes a cycle that should take 2 hours can take about 2 hours and 30
> minutes or 1 hour and 30 minutes. I think it depends on how much washing

is
> in the machine and how dirty it appears to be. Could your dishwasher be
> doing something similar?

On washers with "Sani Cycles" or heated wash/rinse, the time on the cycle
often starts counting down after the proper temperature has been reached.
If the machine filled with 100F water, it will run without counting down the
time until the temperature reaches 140F. Therefore, the cycle can vary
greatly depending on the circumstances.

Gini

In article m>, Peter Aitken
says...

>Our Bosch has its first ever problem and before I call the repair guy I
>thought I'd see if any of you have a suggestion. It was near the end of the
>cycle, with 1 showing on the digital countdown (meaning 1 minute remaining).
>It was actively washing when it should be quiet at this point (drying I
>guess). I came back after 5 min and it was stuck at 1 and still washing.
>Pressing reset did not help. Turning off the power did not help. Any ideas?
>I suppose its little brain is fried.
>
>Thanks

====
From one Bosch owner to another, I can tell you, been there/done that--Your
dishwasher has been victim to a "motherboard crash." They always count down to
one and stay there. Not as bad as it seems. The part is about 125. and is plug
out/ plug in. Mine was still under warranty when it went. If it happens again,
it won't be covered but at least I know I can change it myself.
====
====

Peter Aitken

"Gini" > wrote in message ...
> In article m>, Peter
> Aitken
> says...
>>
>>Our Bosch has its first ever problem and before I call the repair guy I
>>thought I'd see if any of you have a suggestion. It was near the end of
>>the
>>cycle, with 1 showing on the digital countdown (meaning 1 minute
>>remaining).
>>It was actively washing when it should be quiet at this point (drying I
>>guess). I came back after 5 min and it was stuck at 1 and still washing.
>>Pressing reset did not help. Turning off the power did not help. Any
>>ideas?
>>I suppose its little brain is fried.
>>
>>Thanks

> ====
> From one Bosch owner to another, I can tell you, been there/done
> that--Your
> dishwasher has been victim to a "motherboard crash." They always count
> down to
> one and stay there. Not as bad as it seems. The part is about 125. and is
> plug
> out/ plug in. Mine was still under warranty when it went. If it happens
> again,
> it won't be covered but at least I know I can change it myself.
> ====
> ====

Thanks for the info. Mine is out of warranty - do you know of a source for
instructions on doing it myself?

--
Peter Aitken

Gini

In article >, Peter Aitken
says...

>"Gini" > wrote in message ...
>> In article m>, Peter
>> Aitken
>> says...

>>>cycle, with 1 showing on the digital countdown (meaning 1 minute
>>>remaining).
>>>It was actively washing when it should be quiet at this point (drying I
>>>guess). I came back after 5 min and it was stuck at 1 and still washing.
>>>Pressing reset did not help. Turning off the power did not help. Any
>>>ideas?
>>>I suppose its little brain is fried.
>>>
>>>Thanks

>> ====
>> From one Bosch owner to another, I can tell you, been there/done
>> that--Your
>> dishwasher has been victim to a "motherboard crash." They always count
>> down to
>> one and stay there. Not as bad as it seems. The part is about 125. and is
>> plug
>> out/ plug in. Mine was still under warranty when it went. If it happens
>> again,
>> it won't be covered but at least I know I can change it myself.
>> ====
>> ====
>>>

>Thanks for the info. Mine is out of warranty - do you know of a source for
>instructions on doing it myself?

=====
I'm sorry, I do not and mine was repaired by Sears, where I bought it. If
(when?) it goes again, I will be searching for such info as well.
=====
=====

Vox Humana

"Gini" > wrote in message
> In article >, Peter

Aitken
> says...
> >
> >"Gini" > wrote in message

> >> In article m>, Peter
> >> Aitken
> >> says...

washing.

> >> ====
> >> From one Bosch owner to another, I can tell you, been there/done
> >> that--Your
> >> dishwasher has been victim to a "motherboard crash." They always count
> >> down to
> >> one and stay there. Not as bad as it seems. The part is about 125. and

is
> >> plug
> >> out/ plug in. Mine was still under warranty when it went. If it happens
> >> again,
> >> it won't be covered but at least I know I can change it myself.
> >> ====
> >> ====
> >>>

> >Thanks for the info. Mine is out of warranty - do you know of a source

for
> >instructions on doing it myself?

> =====
> I'm sorry, I do not and mine was repaired by Sears, where I bought it. If
> (when?) it goes again, I will be searching for such info as well.
> =====
> =====

You can get parts and help at www.repairclinic.com If you need special
help, send them an e-mail or call them They have helped me out a couple
times.