opto

Default Bosch Dishwasher experience

Hi all,

I wanted to post a follow up to the Bosch dishwasher thread but couldn't.
Just wanted to provide my experience with the Bosch customer service. I
bought a high end about 2 years ago. It broke couple of months ago. I called
a repair person who was not incompetent BUT in this case he could not fix it
after spending two hours on it. I watched him sweat - the dishwasher is not
built with serviceability in mind.

I then realized that the dishwasher is still under warranty for parts.
Called the company and they refused to do anything. After some persuation,
they agreed to pay for the part if I went with an authorized repair person.
I agreed. Called the repair person. his charges we

$127 for visit.
$135 per hour for fixing it with no limit on the number of hours.

I wanted to ask him if he had a Phd!!

After some quick calculation and a check in consumerreports.org, I decided
that it wasn't worth sticking with BOSCH. It was the second worst dishwasher
among the 10-12 that were rated. Went and bought a $500 Whirlpool and $900
BOSCH moved to the garage waiting for spring cleanup.

Lesson: I should have checked repair record BEFORE buying the BOSCH crap.

To be fair: It was very quiet as compared to the Whirlpool. It did leave the
dishes rather wet though.

AJ-

alzelt

opto wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to post a follow up to the Bosch dishwasher thread but couldn't.
> Just wanted to provide my experience with the Bosch customer service. I
> bought a high end about 2 years ago. It broke couple of months ago. I called
> a repair person who was not incompetent BUT in this case he could not fix it
> after spending two hours on it. I watched him sweat - the dishwasher is not
> built with serviceability in mind.
>
> I then realized that the dishwasher is still under warranty for parts.
> Called the company and they refused to do anything. After some persuation,
> they agreed to pay for the part if I went with an authorized repair person.
> I agreed. Called the repair person. his charges we
>
> $127 for visit.
> $135 per hour for fixing it with no limit on the number of hours.
>
> I wanted to ask him if he had a Phd!!
>
> After some quick calculation and a check in consumerreports.org, I decided
> that it wasn't worth sticking with BOSCH. It was the second worst dishwasher
> among the 10-12 that were rated. Went and bought a $500 Whirlpool and $900
> BOSCH moved to the garage waiting for spring cleanup.
>
> Lesson: I should have checked repair record BEFORE buying the BOSCH crap.
>
> To be fair: It was very quiet as compared to the Whirlpool. It did leave the
> dishes rather wet though.
>
> AJ-

Funny thing, I read evaluations, too. In this case, Consumer Reports.
They loved it, and had few probs. You know, I agree. We've had ours for
three years now. Not a burp, nada. And dishes are quite dry, too.

As a matter of fact, after seeing the new combo range/oven from Bosch,
am planning on buying it.
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

Noeta

"opto" > wrote in message
t...
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to post a follow up to the Bosch dishwasher thread but couldn't.
> Just wanted to provide my experience with the Bosch customer service. I
> bought a high end about 2 years ago. It broke couple of months ago. I

called
> a repair person who was not incompetent BUT in this case he could not fix

it
> after spending two hours on it. I watched him sweat - the dishwasher is

not
> built with serviceability in mind.
>
> I then realized that the dishwasher is still under warranty for parts.
> Called the company and they refused to do anything. After some persuation,
> they agreed to pay for the part if I went with an authorized repair

person.
> I agreed. Called the repair person. his charges we
>
> $127 for visit.
> $135 per hour for fixing it with no limit on the number of hours.
>
> I wanted to ask him if he had a Phd!!
>
> After some quick calculation and a check in consumerreports.org, I decided
> that it wasn't worth sticking with BOSCH. It was the second worst

dishwasher
> among the 10-12 that were rated. Went and bought a $500 Whirlpool and $900
> BOSCH moved to the garage waiting for spring cleanup.
>
> Lesson: I should have checked repair record BEFORE buying the BOSCH crap.
>
> To be fair: It was very quiet as compared to the Whirlpool. It did leave

the
> dishes rather wet though.
>
> AJ-

Our Bosch leaked during warranty. Service guy came out and played around
with it but couldn't find anything wrong. Told me it was the detergent &
rinse aid.

The machine leaked again, this time about 4 months out of warranty. I looked
at it a thought it needed a new door seal. Called Bosch for the part. They
were quite apologetic an said they'd pick up the entire service bill since
the technician didn't catch the problem during the warranty service call.

I still recommend Bosch.