JC Home

Default GE Oven turns on by itself

Hey all,

I have a GE XL44 gas oven, and it is turning on by itself on occasion even
when the valve is set to off. I think it is just a valve problem, but I'm
not sure how to replace/troubleshoot. Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks

Jeff C
Dallas, GA

MrC1

It's probably either a bad connection at the ribbon cable (back of the
control panel) or a faulty control panel. GE has had many similar problems
with both gas and electric ovens.

"JC Home" > wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> I have a GE XL44 gas oven, and it is turning on by itself on occasion even
> when the valve is set to off. I think it is just a valve problem, but I'm
> not sure how to replace/troubleshoot. Can anybody help me with this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jeff C
> Dallas, GA

Vox Humana

"MrC1" > wrote in message
> It's probably either a bad connection at the ribbon cable (back of the
> control panel) or a faulty control panel. GE has had many similar

problems
> with both gas and electric ovens.

I had the same problem with a GE over-the-range microwave. It would turn on
by itself, especially on winter evening when the temperature would drop
significantly.

TN: Craig turns 39.96 DaleW Wine 3 05-07-2012 06:15 PM
The plan. Let's see how it turns out... phaeton General Cooking 12 26-07-2011 12:49 AM
TN: An ESJ turns 8 DaleW Wine 3 02-11-2009 11:58 PM
Spam Turns Serious and Hormel Turns Out More Gregory Morrow[_122_] General Cooking 28 17-11-2008 07:00 PM
GE Oven turns on by itself JC Home General Cooking 3 03-08-2005 03:12 PM