Ness

Default Wolf range burner problem

buying our house, we unfortunatly got in the deal a #$%@%^@$%^Y of
commercial looking Wolf range...
14 days of hell and counting....

I used to have a standard white electric GE that was not bad, then we
were in a rental with a 20+ years dinosaur that was not great but at
least usable.. and now - I dont know how to cook anymore...

I consider myself as a normal good cook, I worked some time in both
professional and restaurant kitchens, I can use 4 burners at a time....

but I'm stuck with a useless thing that has only three settings:
sim = so low I can put my hand in the flames (a setting I have not
found any use yet),
slow = what is supposed to be slow (a setting a good cook should use
only 10% of the time)
and medium/high that are both @$%&@$%&@$%^ly too wide, too hot, too
anything to use any pot less that 15quarts big without burning down the

handle (I used once my 7quarts-pressure cooker, and the handle got so
hot that I'm affraid to trash a $300 pot over this junk! )
My widest pan is 10 inches accross the flat burner side, and it's
missing about 3-4 inches to accomodate the extra stupid large flame!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!! HOW DO YOU COOK A SAUCE ON THAT JUNK????? (or heat a

simple 4quart pot of water for pasta?)

either I can retrofit with NORMAL burners, or it's going to the curb
side for a normal sears cheap thing that I can USE! (there is NO help
online on the wolf site :-( )

A desperate cook....

PS: it's a 30inches pretty new range and it looks like the current wolf
(altho I dont know where to find a #
to check it's exactly the same)
http://www.subzero.com/wolf/xl wolf.asp?id=19 . If you can make a
pickup in