Phyllis Stone

Default gizmo

Has anyone bought one of these? It is made by Black and Decker and is a
cordless grater. Either I don't use it correctly or it is just not very
good. The cheese makes a gummy mess and very little is actually grated. I am
thinking of writing to the co. and see if they could provide some pointers.

Steve Calvin

Phyllis Stone wrote:

> Has anyone bought one of these? It is made by Black and Decker and is a
> cordless grater. Either I don't use it correctly or it is just not very
> good. The cheese makes a gummy mess and very little is actually grated. I am
> thinking of writing to the co. and see if they could provide some pointers.

Can't comment on your unit but I have one of these rotary graters and
it works very well.

http://www.tabletools.com/tabletools...se_grater.html

--
Steve

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...
MOMPEAGRAM

I have the manual model like Steves as well as the Delongi cordless model

http://www.nextag.com/Delonghi_Cordl...23zzmainz2-htm

Which works on the same principal but is cordless electric. It works just
as well as the manual model.

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Phyllis Stone wrote:
>
>> Has anyone bought one of these? It is made by Black and Decker and is a
>> cordless grater. Either I don't use it correctly or it is just not very
>> good. The cheese makes a gummy mess and very little is actually grated. I
>> am thinking of writing to the co. and see if they could provide some
>> pointers.

> Can't comment on your unit but I have one of these rotary graters and it
> works very well.
>
> http://www.tabletools.com/tabletools...se_grater.html
>
> --
> Steve
>
> Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
> bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...

Phyllis Stone

"MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
news:1108926799.e76938ac296b3c2bc2b6941c092cf229@t eranews...
>I have the manual model like Steves as well as the Delongi cordless model
>
> http://www.nextag.com/Delonghi_Cordl...23zzmainz2-htm
>
> Which works on the same principal but is cordless electric. It works just
> as well as the manual model.

I have something like that manual one that Steve mentioned, it is smaller I
think. What I like to use the best is my salad shooter but I keep breaking
the plastic on the rim and having to replace it. It is fast and can even do
softer cheeses pretty well. I seem to have more problems with grating
cheeses than most people. That's why I thought Black and Decker had solved
my problems.

Steve Calvin

Phyllis Stone wrote:

> "MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
> news:1108926799.e76938ac296b3c2bc2b6941c092cf229@t eranews...
>
>>I have the manual model like Steves as well as the Delongi cordless model
>>
>>http://www.nextag.com/Delonghi_Cordl...23zzmainz2-htm
>>
>>Which works on the same principal but is cordless electric. It works just
>>as well as the manual model.

> I have something like that manual one that Steve mentioned, it is smaller I
> think. What I like to use the best is my salad shooter but I keep breaking
> the plastic on the rim and having to replace it. It is fast and can even do
> softer cheeses pretty well. I seem to have more problems with grating
> cheeses than most people. That's why I thought Black and Decker had solved
> my problems.

I can't speak for the one that MOMPEAGRAM posted but the one that I
have does soft cheeses fairly well. I gave up in the "knuckle buster"
ones after buying it. Much easier and just toss it in the dishwasher
for cleanup

--
Steve

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...

MOMPEAGRAM

I'd complain to Black and Decker. If the Delonghi can do it why not Black
and Decker?

"Phyllis Stone" > wrote in message
. com...

> "MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
> news:1108926799.e76938ac296b3c2bc2b6941c092cf229@t eranews...
>>I have the manual model like Steves as well as the Delongi cordless model
>>
>> http://www.nextag.com/Delonghi_Cordl...23zzmainz2-htm
>>
>> Which works on the same principal but is cordless electric. It works
>> just as well as the manual model.

> I have something like that manual one that Steve mentioned, it is smaller
> I think. What I like to use the best is my salad shooter but I keep
> breaking the plastic on the rim and having to replace it. It is fast and
> can even do softer cheeses pretty well. I seem to have more problems with
> grating cheeses than most people. That's why I thought Black and Decker
> had solved my problems.

Ida Slapter

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:50:35 -0500, "MOMPEAGRAM"
> wrote:

>I'd complain to Black and Decker. If the Delonghi can do it why not Black
>and Decker?

.....................price? quality? need?
I have a twenty five year old grater.......and we never thought about
it.

MOMPEAGRAM

"Ida Slapter" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:50:35 -0500, "MOMPEAGRAM"
> > wrote:
>
>>I'd complain to Black and Decker. If the Delonghi can do it why not Black
>>and Decker?

> ....................price? quality? need?
> I have a twenty five year old grater.......and we never thought about
> it.

I have severe arthritis in my hand..... therefore need!

rex mccall

A worthless piece of crap. We got one several months ago, it made mush of
cheddar cheese, gummed up with mozarella cheese; it ended up in our garbage
can last month

Rex

MOMPEAGRAM

What was? Black & Decker? Delonghi? Manual?

"rex mccall" > wrote in message
>A worthless piece of crap. We got one several months ago, it made mush of
> cheddar cheese, gummed up with mozarella cheese; it ended up in our
> garbage
> can last month
>
> Rex

Phyllis Stone

"MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
news:1108997728.7e4a3e2e03875d8edb83b77ec782e2a2@t eranews...
> What was? Black & Decker? Delonghi? Manual?

I bet he is talking about the gizmo. I think I will write to the co. snail
mail because I have heard you get more attention. It isn't a real big deal,
it didn't cost much, not like that person who had posted about his GE ref.
But a company should pay attention to their products. We have lots of Black
and Decker stuff and I am going to mention that.

MOMPEAGRAM

"Phyllis Stone" > wrote in message
. com...

> "MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
> news:1108997728.7e4a3e2e03875d8edb83b77ec782e2a2@t eranews...
>> What was? Black & Decker? Delonghi? Manual?

> I bet he is talking about the gizmo. I think I will write to the co. snail
> mail because I have heard you get more attention. It isn't a real big
> deal, it didn't cost much, not like that person who had posted about his
> GE ref. But a company should pay attention to their products. We have lots
> of Black and Decker stuff and I am going to mention that.

May I suggest you direct your complaint to the highest possible member of
the firm. Seems to get more action quicker.

Phyllis Stone

"MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
news:1109001504.90867b3945414d6be286ff92a4d6a1c0@t eranews...
> "Phyllis Stone" > wrote in message
> . com...
>>
>> "MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
>> news:1108997728.7e4a3e2e03875d8edb83b77ec782e2a2@t eranews...

> May I suggest you direct your complaint to the highest possible member of
> the firm. Seems to get more action quicker.

Do you have any idea who that would be? I mean their title.

MOMPEAGRAM

"Phyllis Stone" > wrote in message
. com...

> "MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
> news:1109001504.90867b3945414d6be286ff92a4d6a1c0@t eranews...
>> "Phyllis Stone" > wrote in message
>> . com...
>>>
>>> "MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
>>> news:1108997728.7e4a3e2e03875d8edb83b77ec782e2a2@t eranews...

>> May I suggest you direct your complaint to the highest possible member of
>> the firm. Seems to get more action quicker.
>>

> Do you have any idea who that would be? I mean their title.

President? CEO?

gizmo Phyllis Stone Cooking Equipment 0 28-02-2005 02:41 PM
Cast iron grate cleaning gizmo Mark Shaw Barbecue 7 05-02-2004 01:30 AM
Gizmo Grater Shirley General Cooking 2 21-11-2003 11:49 PM