Louis Cohen

Default Gap Between Range and Counter

There's a small gap between our range and the countertop on either side.

Does anyone know of a product that would fill these gaps in a reasonably
attractive way?

Thanks

Regards

Louis Cohen

"Yes, yes, I will desalinate you, you grande morue!"

Émile Zola, Assommoir 1877
Vox Humana

"Louis Cohen" > wrote in message
> There's a small gap between our range and the countertop on either side.
>

> Does anyone know of a product that would fill these gaps in a reasonably
> attractive way?
>
> Thanks
> --

I have seen strips that are designed to bridge that gap. They look like the
"T" strips that are sold in the flooring department. I'm sure that I have
seen them at Home Depot in the area where they sell range parts like knobs,
drip pans, and replacement elements. There is a small gap between my
slide-in range and the surrounding counter that I have filled with silicone
caulk.

Regency Reader

> There's a small gap between our range and the countertop on either side.

They sell strips that will fill the gap (and can also be easily removed
if necessary). I've seen them in mail order catalogs (like Lillian
Vernon, etc.) and also in stores.

But they only work if the range and the countertop are level with each
other. My range is slightly higher (by less than 1/4 inch, barely
noticeable) but the strip didn't work right. Food slid underneath and
it was messier than just having the gap.

Karen