Default Mongolian style - gridlle/grill for home use?

Sorry to those who read this message in rec.food.cooking - I misposted
it. Anyway, I am contemplating adding a dedicated countertop
mongolian-style grill (or what is more commonly called a "griddle") to
my kitchen. Could someone direct to a manufacturer or make some
suggestions? I am not interested in grilling steaks or burgers (that
goes outside) - just grilling thinly sliced meat and vegetables
together (similiar to wok cooking - but without the wok) Thanks

Louis Cohen

> Sorry to those who read this message in rec.food.cooking - I misposted
> it. Anyway, I am contemplating adding a dedicated countertop
> mongolian-style grill (or what is more commonly called a "griddle") to
> my kitchen. Could someone direct to a manufacturer or make some
> suggestions? I am not interested in grilling steaks or burgers (that
> goes outside) - just grilling thinly sliced meat and vegetables
> together (similiar to wok cooking - but without the wok) Thanks

You might consider something like this. Goes right over a gas burner -
even has the dome shape of the big Mongolian grills:

http://www.onlinediscountmart.com/stovetopgrill.html

There are gas ranges (and cooktops I suppose) that have built in
griddles. Or, there are reversible cast iron things with a smooth
griddle on one side and a ridged grilling surface on the other that span
2 burners.

Make sure you have a good hood, no matter what you get.

Regards

Louis Cohen

"Yes, yes, I will desalinate you, you grande morue!"

Émile Zola, Assommoir 1877