mondaynightfootball

Default Ove Glove Oven Mitt

Ove Glove Oven Mitt
www.ovenglove.net

Matthew L. Martin

mondaynightfootball wrote:

> Ove Glove Oven Mitt
> www.ovenglove.net

I see some lawsuits coming on this one. A wet fabric glove and not pan
are a combination that will cause burns in seconds.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
Jeffrey Dunnam

It does have several prominent warnings not to use it wet. I just got one as
a present. I have been using those dimpled square silicone pads and as far
as taking the heat, the Ove glove performed equally well. The downfall of
the pads as noted in Cook's Illustrated is that if it gets at all greasy, it
gets very slippery. The Ove Glove got kinda dirty today while I roasted
glazed Cornish Hens on a sheet pan. Will see how it washes and performs
after that.

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> mondaynightfootball wrote:
>
>> Ove Glove Oven Mitt
>> www.ovenglove.net
>>

> I see some lawsuits coming on this one. A wet fabric glove and not pan are
> a combination that will cause burns in seconds.
>
> Matthew
>
> --
> Thermodynamics and/or Golf for dummies: There is a game
> You can't win
> You can't break even
> You can't get out of the game

Jeffrey Dunnam

It does have several prominent warnings not to use it wet. I just got one as
a present. I have been using those dimpled square silicone pads and as far
as taking the heat, the Ove glove performed equally well. The downfall of
the pads as noted in Cook's Illustrated is that if it gets at all greasy, it
gets very slippery. The Ove Glove got kinda dirty today while I roasted
glazed Cornish Hens on a sheet pan. Will see how it washes and performs
after that.

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> mondaynightfootball wrote:
>
>> Ove Glove Oven Mitt
>> www.ovenglove.net
>>

> I see some lawsuits coming on this one. A wet fabric glove and not pan are
> a combination that will cause burns in seconds.
>
> Matthew
>
> --
> Thermodynamics and/or Golf for dummies: There is a game
> You can't win
> You can't break even
> You can't get out of the game

Jumping Jack Flash

> It does have several prominent warnings not to use it wet. I just got one
as
> a present. I have been using those dimpled square silicone pads and as far
> as taking the heat, the Ove glove performed equally well.

San Jamar makes a great oven mitt. It's non slip, not effected by being wet,
and can be put in a dishwasher.

Dee Randall

"Jeffrey Dunnam" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> It does have several prominent warnings not to use it wet. I just got one
> as a present. I have been using those dimpled square silicone pads and as
> far as taking the heat, the Ove glove performed equally well. The downfall
> of the pads as noted in Cook's Illustrated is that if it gets at all
> greasy, it gets very slippery. The Ove Glove got kinda dirty today while I
> roasted glazed Cornish Hens on a sheet pan. Will see how it washes and
> performs after that.

Please let us know how it washes and performs. I've been careful with my
glove not to get it too dirty so far.
Thanks,
Dee

Dee Randall

"Jumping Jack Flash" > wrote in message
>> It does have several prominent warnings not to use it wet. I just got one

> as
>> a present. I have been using those dimpled square silicone pads and as
>> far
>> as taking the heat, the Ove glove performed equally well.

> San Jamar makes a great oven mitt. It's non slip, not effected by being
> wet,
> and can be put in a dishwasher.

\
It is a mitt, not a glove?
Thanks,
Dee

Tee

I don't recommend the Ove glove. I bought one and would have burned my hand
had I not put the hot dish down and got another mit. The Ove glove did not
live up to what it promised in my opinion.

"Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in message

> "Jeffrey Dunnam" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > It does have several prominent warnings not to use it wet. I just got

one
> > as a present. I have been using those dimpled square silicone pads and

as
> > far as taking the heat, the Ove glove performed equally well. The

downfall
> > of the pads as noted in Cook's Illustrated is that if it gets at all
> > greasy, it gets very slippery. The Ove Glove got kinda dirty today while

> > roasted glazed Cornish Hens on a sheet pan. Will see how it washes and
> > performs after that.

> Please let us know how it washes and performs. I've been careful with my
> glove not to get it too dirty so far.
> Thanks,
> Dee

Edwin Pawlowski

"Tee" > wrote in message
>I don't recommend the Ove glove. I bought one and would have burned my
>hand
> had I not put the hot dish down and got another mit. The Ove glove did
> not
> live up to what it promised in my opinion.

Was the glove or the dish wet? Mine works well and I use it to take a
heavy cast iron pan out of a 500 degree oven.

Dee Randall

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
om...

> "Tee" > wrote in message
>>I don't recommend the Ove glove. I bought one and would have burned my
>>hand
>> had I not put the hot dish down and got another mit. The Ove glove did
>> not
>> live up to what it promised in my opinion.

> Was the glove or the dish wet? Mine works well and I use it to take a
> heavy cast iron pan out of a 500 degree oven.

I have used my glove in an oven that goes as high as I can get it (baking
bread and pizza at 550). I use two gloves, one on each hand.
Dee

The Cook

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

>"Tee" > wrote in message
>>I don't recommend the Ove glove. I bought one and would have burned my
>>hand
>> had I not put the hot dish down and got another mit. The Ove glove did
>> not
>> live up to what it promised in my opinion.

>Was the glove or the dish wet? Mine works well and I use it to take a
>heavy cast iron pan out of a 500 degree oven.

I am looking forward to trying my new one. One of the local groceries
is going out of business so got one yesterday. I thought the price
was $14.99 and 40% off of that ($8.99). Got home and looked at the
ticked and it was $7.99 and 40% off ($4.80). Going back for more
today. Spares for me and probably some for gifts.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."
The Cook

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

>"Tee" > wrote in message
>>I don't recommend the Ove glove. I bought one and would have burned my
>>hand
>> had I not put the hot dish down and got another mit. The Ove glove did
>> not
>> live up to what it promised in my opinion.

>Was the glove or the dish wet? Mine works well and I use it to take a
>heavy cast iron pan out of a 500 degree oven.

I am looking forward to trying my new one. One of the local groceries
is going out of business so got one yesterday. I thought the price
was $14.99 and 40% off of that ($8.99). Got home and looked at the
ticked and it was $7.99 and 40% off ($4.80). Going back for more
today. Spares for me and probably some for gifts.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."
Dee Randall

"The Cook" > wrote in message
> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
>

>>"Tee" > wrote in message
>>>I don't recommend the Ove glove. I bought one and would have burned my
>>>hand
>>> had I not put the hot dish down and got another mit. The Ove glove did
>>> not
>>> live up to what it promised in my opinion.

>>Was the glove or the dish wet? Mine works well and I use it to take a
>>heavy cast iron pan out of a 500 degree oven.
>>

> I am looking forward to trying my new one. One of the local groceries
> is going out of business so got one yesterday. I thought the price
> was $14.99 and 40% off of that ($8.99). Got home and looked at the
> ticked and it was $7.99 and 40% off ($4.80). Going back for more
> today. Spares for me and probably some for gifts.

You are a lucky person! I paid full price $30 for two. They are worth it to
me. It's always great to get a deal!
Dee

Dee Randall

"The Cook" > wrote in message
> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
>

>>"Tee" > wrote in message
>>>I don't recommend the Ove glove. I bought one and would have burned my
>>>hand
>>> had I not put the hot dish down and got another mit. The Ove glove did
>>> not
>>> live up to what it promised in my opinion.

>>Was the glove or the dish wet? Mine works well and I use it to take a
>>heavy cast iron pan out of a 500 degree oven.
>>

> I am looking forward to trying my new one. One of the local groceries
> is going out of business so got one yesterday. I thought the price
> was $14.99 and 40% off of that ($8.99). Got home and looked at the
> ticked and it was $7.99 and 40% off ($4.80). Going back for more
> today. Spares for me and probably some for gifts.

You are a lucky person! I paid full price $30 for two. They are worth it to
me. It's always great to get a deal!
Dee

Dee Randall

"The Cook" > wrote in message
> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
>

>>"Tee" > wrote in message
>>>I don't recommend the Ove glove. I bought one and would have burned my
>>>hand
>>> had I not put the hot dish down and got another mit. The Ove glove did
>>> not
>>> live up to what it promised in my opinion.

>>Was the glove or the dish wet? Mine works well and I use it to take a
>>heavy cast iron pan out of a 500 degree oven.
>>

> I am looking forward to trying my new one. One of the local groceries
> is going out of business so got one yesterday. I thought the price
> was $14.99 and 40% off of that ($8.99). Got home and looked at the
> ticked and it was $7.99 and 40% off ($4.80). Going back for more
> today. Spares for me and probably some for gifts.

You are a lucky person! I paid full price $30 for two. They are worth it to
me. It's always great to get a deal!
Dee

Dee Randall

"Jeffrey Dunnam" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> It does have several prominent warnings not to use it wet. I just got one
> as a present. I have been using those dimpled square silicone pads and as
> far as taking the heat, the Ove glove performed equally well. The downfall
> of the pads as noted in Cook's Illustrated is that if it gets at all
> greasy, it gets very slippery. The Ove Glove got kinda dirty today while I
> roasted glazed Cornish Hens on a sheet pan. Will see how it washes and
> performs after that.

Jeffrey, how did the washing go?
Interested, I am to wash mine.
Dee