Larry Lewis

Default Best rangetop grill?

I'm trying to choose a gas rangetop with grill. I've narrowed it down
to Thermador, GE Monogram Professional, and Wolf. One key aspect for
me is the grill. I've used a TEK infrared outdoor grill and love it.
It gets REALLY hot! The Wolf seems to have the same type of grill, but
not the Thermador or GE. Does anyone have experience with the grills?
Can you really get a good char on vegetables?

On a second issue, I'm concerned with how even the burners heat. The
Thermador has that nice star design. The GE and Wolf seem to have some
sort of dual burner. Again, any comments would be appreciated.
BK

I'm surprised there weren't any answers.

I'm interested too. I'd like a 2 gas burners in front and back grill
in a 30" top. The infrared burner for the grill to rotis. as part of a
back splash and grill hood, would be most appealing. I'll vent
overhead.
Does that sound like one of your's?

BK