sandra

Default plastic containers

I just had the Tupperware lady tell me that Gladware and Rubbermaid
containers
are toxic for storing food because they are made out recycled plastic.
I only use these containers for freezing. I do not heat food in them.
Now I am concerned. Any opinions or am I just being psyched by the
tupperware lady?
sandra
Vox Humana

"sandra" > wrote in message
om...
> I just had the Tupperware lady tell me that Gladware and Rubbermaid
> containers
> are toxic for storing food because they are made out recycled plastic.
> I only use these containers for freezing. I do not heat food in them.
> Now I am concerned. Any opinions or am I just being psyched by the
> tupperware lady?
> sandra

Consider the source. Did she have an interest in selling you expensive
plastic containers? Would you seek out this person if you had a question
about chemistry or toxicology. A quick google search found this discussion
that said that Gladware was safe:
http://www.seventhgeneration.com/page.asp?id=1413

There is growing evidence that chemicals from plastics are causing
disruption to ecosystems. Apparently some compounds like gylcidyl-A that
can leach from plastics mimics estrogen.

Vox Humana

"sandra" > wrote in message
om...
> I just had the Tupperware lady tell me that Gladware and Rubbermaid
> containers
> are toxic for storing food because they are made out recycled plastic.
> I only use these containers for freezing. I do not heat food in them.
> Now I am concerned. Any opinions or am I just being psyched by the
> tupperware lady?
> sandra

Consider the source. Did she have an interest in selling you expensive
plastic containers? Would you seek out this person if you had a question
about chemistry or toxicology. A quick google search found this discussion
that said that Gladware was safe:
http://www.seventhgeneration.com/page.asp?id=1413

There is growing evidence that chemicals from plastics are causing
disruption to ecosystems. Apparently some compounds like gylcidyl-A that
can leach from plastics mimics estrogen.

Edwin Pawlowski

"sandra" > wrote in message
om...
> I just had the Tupperware lady tell me that Gladware and Rubbermaid
> containers
> are toxic for storing food because they are made out recycled plastic.
> I only use these containers for freezing. I do not heat food in them.
> Now I am concerned. Any opinions or am I just being psyched by the
> tupperware lady?
> sandra

I'd toss her out on her fat ass. Tell her to prove it or leave. She can't.
There are government regulations on what materials can be used for food
contact. The people making them cannot afford the fines and lawsuits that
could arise.

Edwin Pawlowski

"sandra" > wrote in message
om...
> I just had the Tupperware lady tell me that Gladware and Rubbermaid
> containers
> are toxic for storing food because they are made out recycled plastic.
> I only use these containers for freezing. I do not heat food in them.
> Now I am concerned. Any opinions or am I just being psyched by the
> tupperware lady?
> sandra

I'd toss her out on her fat ass. Tell her to prove it or leave. She can't.
There are government regulations on what materials can be used for food
contact. The people making them cannot afford the fines and lawsuits that
could arise.

Viviane

Sounds like rubbish to me. As if anyone in litigious America could sell
something with the potential of being sued. I think she was trying to put
you off her competitors in the hope of selling more stuff.

"sandra" > wrote in message
om...
>I just had the Tupperware lady tell me that Gladware and Rubbermaid
> containers
> are toxic for storing food because they are made out recycled plastic.
> I only use these containers for freezing. I do not heat food in them.
> Now I am concerned. Any opinions or am I just being psyched by the
> tupperware lady?
> sandra

DawnK

"sandra" > wrote in message
om...
>I just had the Tupperware lady tell me that Gladware and Rubbermaid
> containers
> are toxic for storing food because they are made out recycled plastic.
> I only use these containers for freezing. I do not heat food in them.
> Now I am concerned. Any opinions or am I just being psyched by the
> tupperware lady?
> sandra

I have been using Tupperware and Rubbermaid products for much of my life.
Nothing weird has ever happened to me, or anyone else in my family. I would
say she just wants to sell her Tupperware!

Dawn

DawnK

"sandra" > wrote in message
om...
>I just had the Tupperware lady tell me that Gladware and Rubbermaid
> containers
> are toxic for storing food because they are made out recycled plastic.
> I only use these containers for freezing. I do not heat food in them.
> Now I am concerned. Any opinions or am I just being psyched by the
> tupperware lady?
> sandra

I have been using Tupperware and Rubbermaid products for much of my life.
Nothing weird has ever happened to me, or anyone else in my family. I would
say she just wants to sell her Tupperware!

Dawn

Jimbo

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1534.html

Plastic is not safe !!

"sandra" > wrote in message
om...
>I just had the Tupperware lady tell me that Gladware and Rubbermaid
> containers
> are toxic for storing food because they are made out recycled plastic.
> I only use these containers for freezing. I do not heat food in them.
> Now I am concerned. Any opinions or am I just being psyched by the
> tupperware lady?
> sandra

Jimbo

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1534.html

Plastic is not safe !!

"sandra" > wrote in message
om...
>I just had the Tupperware lady tell me that Gladware and Rubbermaid
> containers
> are toxic for storing food because they are made out recycled plastic.
> I only use these containers for freezing. I do not heat food in them.
> Now I am concerned. Any opinions or am I just being psyched by the
> tupperware lady?
> sandra

Edwin Pawlowski

"Jimbo" > wrote in message
> http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1534.html
>
> Plastic is not safe !!

Not what is says.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Jimbo" > wrote in message
> http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1534.html
>
> Plastic is not safe !!

Not what is says.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Jimbo" > wrote in message
> http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1534.html
>
> Plastic is not safe !!

Not what is says.

Tyler Hopper

"Jimbo" > wrote in message
> http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1534.html
>
> Plastic is not safe !!

Really? To quote from your reference:

"Since plastic has not been around for very long, and the risk of plasticizers
and other chemicals found in plastic to human health remains uncertain, it's
probably a good idea to err on the side of caution, just in case."

Tyler Hopper

"Jimbo" > wrote in message
> http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1534.html
>
> Plastic is not safe !!

Really? To quote from your reference:

"Since plastic has not been around for very long, and the risk of plasticizers
and other chemicals found in plastic to human health remains uncertain, it's
probably a good idea to err on the side of caution, just in case."

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>I just had the Tupperware lady tell me that Gladware and Rubbermaid
>containers are toxic for storing food because they are made out recycled plastic.

So that explains why I have three asses!!!!!

Thank you and thank you to Tupperware, guardian of the SoccorMom world.

Where would we be without the Tupperware Lady to watch over us.

I once had stomache gas for a month because I forgot to burp my leftover
carrot container. Really. But I feel better now...
Petey the Wonder Dog