Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default KitchenAid professional 600

I've just unpacked a KA stand mixer. I see no retaining spring on the
shaft - the beater is free to bob up and down, and doesn't snap into
place, as it does on my >30-year-old tilt-head model.

Is this normal?
Posted to rec.food.equipment

S Viemeister wrote the following on 12/9/2011 at 2:32 PM:
> I've just unpacked a KA stand mixer. I see no retaining spring on the
> shaft - the beater is free to bob up and down, and doesn't snap into
> place, as it does on my >30-year-old tilt-head model.
>
> Is this normal?

Yes, it's normal. Our KA 600 has no retaining spring, also. It works
just fine.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On 12/11/2011 1:08 PM, Howard DeVoe wrote:
> S Viemeister wrote the following on 12/9/2011 at 2:32 PM:
>> I've just unpacked a KA stand mixer. I see no retaining spring on the
>> shaft - the beater is free to bob up and down, and doesn't snap into
>> place, as it does on my >30-year-old tilt-head model.
>>
>> Is this normal?

> Yes, it's normal. Our KA 600 has no retaining spring, also. It works
> just fine.

Thank you. I was concerned that it might cause more wear, due to the
jiggling.
I spoke to three different KA call center employees, and they all
insisted that it _should_ have a spring, even after I pointed out what
model I was asking about!

I was surprised at just how noisy this new machine is - even noisier
than my Kenwood Chef.
Member

The beater is free to bob up and down, and doesn't snap into
place, as it does on my 30-year-old tilt-head model.
_________
memory foam mattress | adjustable mattresses | memory pillow

Last edited by mickrio : 17-02-2012 at 08:37 AM