Default What professional knife set to buy?

Hi,
I just entered a cheff school and as you can tell I'm new on this and I
would like to start in the best way, so I'd appreciate any piece of
advice about which professional knife set I should buy.
Thanks a lot for your help

Dimitri

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
> I just entered a cheff school and as you can tell I'm new on this and I
> would like to start in the best way, so I'd appreciate any piece of
> advice about which professional knife set I should buy.
> Thanks a lot for your help

The school should give you a list of recommended knives.

Study the proper way to hold the knife then look - feel - test - the balance on
each of the different knives. You'll find a difference in balance. Go with
comfort.

Dimitri

Doug Kanter

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
> I just entered a cheff school and as you can tell I'm new on this and I
> would like to start in the best way, so I'd appreciate any piece of
> advice about which professional knife set I should buy.
> Thanks a lot for your help

Which school?

Of course, they gave me a few options but I would like to get other
points of view from you "Experts"

whatever!!!

Jeffs/Etc.

Boy, you really do have a chip on your shoulder.

Some basic netiquette: a discussion group is not the place to put
people down. For one thing, it's rude; for another...no one will
listen to you, and you'll soon find yourself posting in a vacuum.

Jeffs

Sheldon wrote:

> There isn't any such thing as a chef school where its students don't
> know which knives to choose... a chef school would be a very advanced
> culinary institution, were you really attending chef school you'd be
> telling us which knives.
>
> Sheldon

Damsel

"Jeffs/Etc." > said:

>Sheldon wrote:
>
>> There isn't any such thing as a chef school where its students don't
>> know which knives to choose... a chef school would be a very advanced
>> culinary institution, were you really attending chef school you'd be
>> telling us which knives.

(quote moved so it makes some sense):

>Boy, you really do have a chip on your shoulder.
>
>Some basic netiquette: a discussion group is not the place to put
>people down. For one thing, it's rude; for another...no one will
>listen to you, and you'll soon find yourself posting in a vacuum.

The same can be said for top-posting.

Regarding Sheldon, you're ****ing into the wind.

Carol

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:

Doug Kanter

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> whatever!!!

Which cooking school are you talking about?

Doug Kanter

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Of course, they gave me a few options but I would like to get other
> points of view from you "Experts"

How old are you, and what knives do you use most often at home?

Sheldon

Jeffs/Etc. wrote:

> Sheldon wrote:
>
> > There isn't any such thing as a chef school where its students don't
> > know which knives to choose... a chef school would be a very advanced
> > culinary institution, were you really attending chef school you'd be
> > telling us which knives.

Boy, you really do have a chip on your shoulder.

Yours is a chip... I have an entire full functioning brain on my
shoulders... actually your brain is a cow chip, all dried and filled
with maggots, in fact maggots have higher IQs than yours.

Sheldon

Kswck

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
> I just entered a cheff school and as you can tell I'm new on this and I
> would like to start in the best way, so I'd appreciate any piece of
> advice about which professional knife set I should buy.
> Thanks a lot for your help

The cheff skool will tell you their preferences.
For yourself, hold various ones, feel them in your hand, use them, then
decide.

Jeffs/Etc.

Damsel wrote:

> Regarding Sheldon, you're ****ing into the wind.

In retrospect, I realized that (and realized I should have known
better).

Jeffs