Old 09-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Member

Default How do I stop my coffee maker from making coffee that tastes like plastic?

Hi,

I just bought a 4-cup coffee maker to replace my broken Krups. The directions mentioned that, before making the first cup of coffee, I should run water through the system first. I did this, but even after a month of using the coffee maker every day, the coffee tastes like plastic. I've been using the same filters, water, and coffee as I did in my old machine, so it has to be the new coffee maker. How do I get the plastic taste out of my coffee?

Regards

Old 09-07-2011, 03:41 PM posted to rec.food.equipment

On 7/9/2011 1:16 AM, wingmark wrote:
Hi,

I just bought a 4-cup coffee maker to replace my broken Krups. The
directions mentioned that, before making the first cup of coffee, I
should run water through the system first. I did this, but even after a
month of using the coffee maker every day, the coffee tastes like
plastic. I've been using the same filters, water, and coffee as I did in
my old machine, so it has to be the new coffee maker. How do I get the
plastic taste out of my coffee?

Regards

Try running a white vinegar and water solution through it.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old 09-07-2011, 03:49 PM posted to rec.food.equipment

"Janet Wilder" wrote
On 7/9/2011 1:16 AM, wingmark wrote:
Hi,

I just bought a 4-cup coffee maker to replace my broken Krups. The
directions mentioned that, before making the first cup of coffee, I
should run water through the system first. I did this, but even after a
month of using the coffee maker every day, the coffee tastes like
plastic. I've been using the same filters, water, and coffee as I did in
my old machine, so it has to be the new coffee maker. How do I get the
plastic taste out of my coffee?

Regards

Try running a white vinegar and water solution through it.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Krups = Krap we have a broken one too that also makes espresso it it
worked.

If the vinegar does not work, I'd try bottled water just to see if it makes
a difference. If yes, buy a water filter. If no. buy a new one of a
different brand for $12.