FoodBanter.com

-   Cooking Equipment (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/)
-   -   How do I stop my coffee maker from making coffee that tastes like plastic? (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/409069-how-do-i-stop.html)

wingmark 09-07-2011 07:16 AM

How do I stop my coffee maker from making coffee that tastes like plastic?

Hi,

I just bought a 4-cup coffee maker to replace my broken Krups. The directions mentioned that, before making the first cup of coffee, I should run water through the system first. I did this, but even after a month of using the coffee maker every day, the coffee tastes like plastic. I've been using the same filters, water, and coffee as I did in my old machine, so it has to be the new coffee maker. How do I get the plastic taste out of my coffee?

Regards

Janet Wilder[_1_] 09-07-2011 03:41 PM

On 7/9/2011 1:16 AM, wingmark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just bought a 4-cup coffee maker to replace my broken Krups. The
> directions mentioned that, before making the first cup of coffee, I
> should run water through the system first. I did this, but even after a
> month of using the coffee maker every day, the coffee tastes like
> plastic. I've been using the same filters, water, and coffee as I did in
> my old machine, so it has to be the new coffee maker. How do I get the
> plastic taste out of my coffee?
>
> Regards

Try running a white vinegar and water solution through it.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Ed Pawlowski[_2_] 09-07-2011 03:49 PM

How do I stop my coffee maker from making coffee that tastes like plastic?

"Janet Wilder" > wrote
> On 7/9/2011 1:16 AM, wingmark wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just bought a 4-cup coffee maker to replace my broken Krups. The
>> directions mentioned that, before making the first cup of coffee, I
>> should run water through the system first. I did this, but even after a
>> month of using the coffee maker every day, the coffee tastes like
>> plastic. I've been using the same filters, water, and coffee as I did in
>> my old machine, so it has to be the new coffee maker. How do I get the
>> plastic taste out of my coffee?
>>
>> Regards
>>

> Try running a white vinegar and water solution through it.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Krups = Krap we have a broken one too that also makes espresso it it
worked.

If the vinegar does not work, I'd try bottled water just to see if it makes
a difference. If yes, buy a water filter. If no. buy a new one of a
different brand for $12.