Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default dishwasher?

opinions? experiences? problems with a particular type? what is the benifit
of a drawer unit?

Lee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> opinions? experiences? problems with a particular type? what is the
> benifit of a drawer unit?
>
> Lee

The drawer units allow you to do smaller batches. Never saw the value as
they are more costly and we can manage full loads anyway.

I've had nothing but Kitchen Air for the past 40 years or so and they have
done well for me. Most any brand and model will do a decent job today, but
as you pay more, you get more metal than plastic. Some cheaper ones have
plastic tubs rather than stainless steel.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

i don't mind paying more as it puts off replacement, i had just started
reading about the drawer units, if that is the only advantage not worth my
time, i just load until full then run, doesn't matter to me if its once a
day or just twice a week, thanks, Lee
"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
news

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> opinions? experiences? problems with a particular type? what is the
>> benifit of a drawer unit?
>>
>> Lee
>>

> The drawer units allow you to do smaller batches. Never saw the value as
> they are more costly and we can manage full loads anyway.
>
> I've had nothing but Kitchen Air for the past 40 years or so and they have
> done well for me. Most any brand and model will do a decent job today,
> but as you pay more, you get more metal than plastic. Some cheaper ones
> have plastic tubs rather than stainless steel.

Member

i don't like to wash utensils in dishwasher
it is best to wash manual
__________________
exchange student programs
Posted to rec.food.equipment

We have the Fisher & Paykel 2 drawer unit. We are a small family and it
took too long to fill a regular dishwasher. In the heat of the Australian
summer that is just not good! I use the top drawer for daily wash stuff and
the bottom drawer for the intensive wash.

Since we bought, there are now plenty of dishwashers around that do half
loads. If I were buying now, I'd probably go for that as they are better
value. The drawer unit was more expensive but suited our needs.

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> opinions? experiences? problems with a particular type? what is the
> benifit of a drawer unit?
>
> Lee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"dain45yl" > wrote in message

> i don't like to wash utensils in dishwasher
> it is best to wash manual

Why? Mine come out just fine in the DW with no trouble.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

thanks, Lee
"Viviane" > wrote in message
> We have the Fisher & Paykel 2 drawer unit. We are a small family and it
> took too long to fill a regular dishwasher. In the heat of the Australian
> summer that is just not good! I use the top drawer for daily wash stuff
> and the bottom drawer for the intensive wash.
>
> Since we bought, there are now plenty of dishwashers around that do half
> loads. If I were buying now, I'd probably go for that as they are better
> value. The drawer unit was more expensive but suited our needs.
>
> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> opinions? experiences? problems with a particular type? what is the
>> benifit of a drawer unit?
>>
>> Lee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
"Storrmmee" > wrote:

> opinions? experiences? problems with a particular type? what is the benifit
> of a drawer unit?

If my 12-y-o son is the dishwasher, we might as well eat fast food
everyday.

If my 15-y-o daughter is the dishwasher, it only gets done when I
reminder her every 5 texts.

If my wife is the dishwasher, it will get done in a couple of days, but
anything requiring hard scrubbing will need to be redone at least once.

Thus, even though I am the cook, I am also the primary dishwasher, which
is why I need the weekends to catch up on my TV and internet.

jt

dishwasher? Storrmmee General Cooking 117 03-03-2011 04:02 AM
Dishwasher SOP tom General Cooking 0 26-01-2011 12:08 AM
How to use a dishwasher Tom Adams General Cooking 149 19-05-2009 10:44 PM
How to use a dishwasher The Henchman[_2_] Cooking Equipment 102 19-05-2009 10:44 PM
How to use a dishwasher Kswck Cooking Equipment 0 15-05-2009 12:49 AM