Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Cook Book need

Hi All,
I was here several months ago asking about slow cookers. I finally purchased
a Cuisinart 4 Quart slow cooker. Now, what I need is a slow cooker cookbook
with recipes for the 4 qt. cooker. I like simple foods, that is, one dish
meals without all those spices and fancy ingredients. DOes a cookbook like
this exist?

IN any case, if a cookbook for the smaller slow cooker doesn't exist I would
be happy with a recommendation for a cook book with just plain recipes for
the slow cooker.. Thanks in advance.

Lee

rarebirdyatverizondotnet

Park Ridge, NJ

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Lee" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I was here several months ago asking about slow cookers. I finally
> purchased
> a Cuisinart 4 Quart slow cooker. Now, what I need is a slow cooker
> cookbook
> with recipes for the 4 qt. cooker. I like simple foods, that is, one dish
> meals without all those spices and fancy ingredients. DOes a cookbook like
> this exist?
>
> IN any case, if a cookbook for the smaller slow cooker doesn't exist I
> would
> be happy with a recommendation for a cook book with just plain recipes for
> the slow cooker.. Thanks in advance.
>
> Lee
>
> rarebirdyatverizondotnet
>
> Park Ridge, NJ

Why not look around in a book store at books for American-type cooking put
out by Betty Crocker, Readers Digest, etc.

Another suggestion is: why not just put some of your own
well-liked/appreciated recipes in the slow cooker instead of the oven or
stove-top.

Then, there's always the library, which you can always check out many that
they may have and find some plain recipes.

Happy cooking,

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:31:28 -0400, Dee Dovey wrote
(in article >):

> "Lee" > wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>> I was here several months ago asking about slow cookers. I finally
>> purchased
>> a Cuisinart 4 Quart slow cooker. Now, what I need is a slow cooker
>> cookbook
>> with recipes for the 4 qt. cooker. I like simple foods, that is, one dish
>> meals without all those spices and fancy ingredients. DOes a cookbook like
>> this exist?
>>
>> IN any case, if a cookbook for the smaller slow cooker doesn't exist I
>> would
>> be happy with a recommendation for a cook book with just plain recipes for
>> the slow cooker.. Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Lee
>>
>> rarebirdyatverizondotnet
>>
>> Park Ridge, NJ
>>

> Why not look around in a book store at books for American-type cooking put
> out by Betty Crocker, Readers Digest, etc.

Thanks on the Betty Crocker and Readers Digest. Didn't think of them and
didn't realize the type of recipe I wanted was considered American-type.

> Another suggestion is: why not just put some of your own
> well-liked/appreciated recipes in the slow cooker instead of the oven or
> stove-top.

Haven't cooked in 10 years so would not know how to convert my recipes which
is why I wanted a cook book specific to slow cookers. After I learn what I am
doing I can then try my own long time ago favorites. Tired of what I am
eating so want better.

> Then, there's always the library, which you can always check out many that
> they may have and find some plain recipes.

Do not have the stamina to go shopping or to the library.

Thanks Dee Dee for your suggestions.

> Happy cooking,
>
> Dee Dee

Lee

rarebirdyatverizondotnet

Park Ridge, NJ

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Lee" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:31:28 -0400, Dee Dovey wrote
> (in article >):
>

>> "Lee" > wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>> I was here several months ago asking about slow cookers. I finally
>>> purchased
>>> a Cuisinart 4 Quart slow cooker. Now, what I need is a slow
>>> cooker
>>> cookbook
>>> with recipes for the 4 qt. cooker. I like simple foods, that is,
>>> one dish
>>> meals without all those spices and fancy ingredients. DOes a
>>> cookbook like
>>> this exist?
>>>
>>> IN any case, if a cookbook for the smaller slow cooker doesn't
>>> exist I
>>> would
>>> be happy with a recommendation for a cook book with just plain
>>> recipes for
>>> the slow cooker.. Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>>
>>> rarebirdyatverizondotnet
>>>
>>> Park Ridge, NJ
>>>

>> Why not look around in a book store at books for American-type
>> cooking put
>> out by Betty Crocker, Readers Digest, etc.

> Thanks on the Betty Crocker and Readers Digest. Didn't think of them
> and
> didn't realize the type of recipe I wanted was considered
> American-type.
>

>> Another suggestion is: why not just put some of your own
>> well-liked/appreciated recipes in the slow cooker instead of the
>> oven or
>> stove-top.

> Haven't cooked in 10 years so would not know how to convert my
> recipes which
> is why I wanted a cook book specific to slow cookers. After I learn
> what I am
> doing I can then try my own long time ago favorites. Tired of what I
> am
> eating so want better.
>>
>> Then, there's always the library, which you can always check out
>> many that
>> they may have and find some plain recipes.

> Do not have the stamina to go shopping or to the library.
>
> Thanks Dee Dee for your suggestions.
>>
>> Happy cooking,
>>
>> Dee Dee
>>

> Lee
>
> rarebirdyatverizondotnet

"fix it and forget it" by rank and good.

del

> Park Ridge, NJ

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 22:18:13 -0400, Don Wiss wrote
(in article >):

> Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: The Big Book of Everyday Slow Cooking by
> Stephanie O'Dea http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401310044

Thank you for your suggestions. The above book looks like what I need and the
blog spot look good and I am sure will be a big help to me.

Lee

rarebirdyatverizondotnet

Park Ridge, NJ

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:48:37 -0400, Lee >
wrote:

>Hi All,
>I was here several months ago asking about slow cookers. I finally purchased
>a Cuisinart 4 Quart slow cooker. Now, what I need is a slow cooker cookbook
>with recipes for the 4 qt. cooker. I like simple foods, that is, one dish
>meals without all those spices and fancy ingredients. DOes a cookbook like
>this exist?
>
>IN any case, if a cookbook for the smaller slow cooker doesn't exist I would
>be happy with a recommendation for a cook book with just plain recipes for
>the slow cooker.. Thanks in advance.
>
>Lee
>
>rarebirdyatverizondotnet
>
>Park Ridge, NJ

You might consider Creative Crockery Cooking by Ethel Lang Graham.
Available from Amazon at $10. Graham is the daughter of George Lang,
the famous restauranteur and author of what is probably the best
Hungarian cookbook available. As I understand it, she adapted a lot of
his recipes to the slow cooker and used them to create her own book,
CCC. Most of her recipes are quite authentic and straightforward. It
is my fave for slow cooker dishes.

HTH

Alex
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:37:40 -0400, Chemiker wrote
(in article >):

> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:48:37 -0400, Lee >
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> I was here several months ago asking about slow cookers. I finally
>> purchased
>> a Cuisinart 4 Quart slow cooker. Now, what I need is a slow cooker
>> cookbook
>> with recipes for the 4 qt. cooker. I like simple foods, that is, one dish
>> meals without all those spices and fancy ingredients. DOes a cookbook like
>> this exist?
>>
>> IN any case, if a cookbook for the smaller slow cooker doesn't exist I
>> would
>> be happy with a recommendation for a cook book with just plain recipes for
>> the slow cooker.. Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Lee
>>
>> rarebirdyatverizondotnet
>>
>> Park Ridge, NJ
>>

> You might consider Creative Crockery Cooking by Ethel Lang Graham.
> Available from Amazon at $10. Graham is the daughter of George Lang,
> the famous restauranteur and author of what is probably the best
> Hungarian cookbook available. As I understand it, she adapted a lot of
> his recipes to the slow cooker and used them to create her own book,
> CCC. Most of her recipes are quite authentic and straightforward. It
> is my fave for slow cooker dishes.
>
> HTH
>
> Alex

Thanks very much Alex. I am going out to the library tomorrow and check out
about 5 books. I will add yours to the list.

Lee

rarebirdyatverizondotnet

Park Ridge, NJ

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:46:21 -0400, Lee wrote
(in article >) :

> On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:37:40 -0400, Chemiker wrote
> (in article >):
>
>> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:48:37 -0400, Lee >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> I was here several months ago asking about slow cookers. I finally
>>> purchased
>>> a Cuisinart 4 Quart slow cooker. Now, what I need is a slow cooker
>>> cookbook
>>> with recipes for the 4 qt. cooker. I like simple foods, that is, one dish
>>> meals without all those spices and fancy ingredients. DOes a cookbook like
>>> this exist?
>>>
>>> IN any case, if a cookbook for the smaller slow cooker doesn't exist I
>>> would
>>> be happy with a recommendation for a cook book with just plain recipes for
>>> the slow cooker.. Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>>
>>> rarebirdyatverizondotnet
>>>
>>> Park Ridge, NJ
>>>

>> You might consider Creative Crockery Cooking by Ethel Lang Graham.
>> Available from Amazon at $10. Graham is the daughter of George Lang,
>> the famous restauranteur and author of what is probably the best
>> Hungarian cookbook available. As I understand it, she adapted a lot of
>> his recipes to the slow cooker and used them to create her own book,
>> CCC. Most of her recipes are quite authentic and straightforward. It
>> is my fave for slow cooker dishes.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Alex

> Thanks very much Alex. I am going out to the library tomorrow and check out
> about 5 books. I will add yours to the list.
>

> Lee
>
> rarebirdyatverizondotnet
>
> Park Ridge, NJ

Hi All,

I wanted to thank you all and let you know that I eventually bought "Better
Homes and Gardens so-easy slow cooker" cook book. This book has a lot of
simple recipes for a 4 qt. slow cooker.

I had purchased several of the recommended books, brought them home and took
a good look but ended up bringing them back. They were more complicated than
I wanted.

Cook Book EJP907 General Cooking 2 21-06-2007 08:15 PM
Cook Book Matt Hanson Abbott General Cooking 0 17-02-2007 01:08 PM
The best COOK BOOK [email protected] General Cooking 0 04-02-2007 03:22 AM
Theatre Recipe Book vintage cook book FA Sarah Mc. General Cooking 0 05-11-2004 01:20 AM
new cook book Robert Wagner Cooking Equipment 2 11-10-2003 06:55 AM