discodiva

Default Vacuum sealers

I am thinking of buying a tilia foodsaver from best direct shopping
network. Just wondered if anyone has any experience of this product. eg
does it really do as it says in the infomercial. As I have owned a
different make which wasn't any good. It certainly couldn't crush cans

Vox Humana

"discodiva" > wrote in message
lkaboutcooking.com...
> I am thinking of buying a tilia foodsaver from best direct shopping
> network. Just wondered if anyone has any experience of this product. eg
> does it really do as it says in the infomercial. As I have owned a
> different make which wasn't any good. It certainly couldn't crush cans

I just got a Rival Seal-a Meal today as a gift. So far, so good. It
evacuates and seals with the push of one button and operates hands-free.
The canisters work as advertised. I haven't tried using it on Mason jars
yet. It seems a bit loud, but I don't know how that compares to other
brands. I haven't used the Tilia, but I understand they make good units.

You can see the Rival unit he
http://tinyurl.com/59sk2

Melba's Jammin'

In article
outcooking.com>,
"discodiva" > wrote:

> I am thinking of buying a tilia foodsaver from best direct shopping
> network. Just wondered if anyone has any experience of this product. eg
> does it really do as it says in the infomercial. As I have owned a
> different make which wasn't any good. It certainly couldn't crush cans

Ask at rec.food.preserving. Or do an advanced Google Groups search.
There's been lots of discussion on r.f.p. about them. They are
generally very well regarded. FWIW.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/4/04.