Posted to rec.food.equipment
SQ SQ is offline

Default Vita Mix 3600 motor burned out

My Vita Mix 3600 stopped working - when the switch is turned on,
nothing happens. Right before it did that, it made this slowing down
sound until it just halted.
Now it doesn't turn on at any speed.
Sounds like the motor burned out?
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article
SQ > wrote:

> My Vita Mix 3600 stopped working - when the switch is turned on,
> nothing happens. Right before it did that, it made this slowing down
> sound until it just halted.
> Now it doesn't turn on at any speed.
> Sounds like the motor burned out?

Probably. Did you smell any peculiar burning smell when the motor wound
down? Sometimes, when a motor burns out, it will burn some insulation
and that odor is a giveaway. But the symptoms sound like it did go out.
Another test, take the mixer off, make sure you are unplugged, and turn
the drive shaft coming out the top of the motor housing. If it resists
hard, or turns clucky, then it is gone.

jt
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"SQ" > wrote in message

> My Vita Mix 3600 stopped working - when the switch is turned on,
> nothing happens. Right before it did that, it made this slowing down
> sound until it just halted.
> Now it doesn't turn on at any speed.
> Sounds like the motor burned out?

There is a thermal cutout (I assume it is thermal based) that shuts if off
after periods of too much load. Normally, this cuts back in after a bit of
a rest. Did you rest it? Maybe the cutout has failed?

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Monday, May 11, 2009 9:51:53 AM UTC-6, SQ wrote:
> My Vita Mix 3600 stopped working - when the switch is turned on,
> nothing happens. Right before it did that, it made this slowing down
> sound until it just halted.
> Now it doesn't turn on at any speed.
> Sounds like the motor burned out?

I am interested in your non working base email me at
Posted to rec.food.equipment

> wrote in message
> On Monday, May 11, 2009 9:51:53 AM UTC-6, SQ wrote:
>> My Vita Mix 3600 stopped working - when the switch is turned on,
>> nothing happens. Right before it did that, it made this slowing down
>> sound until it just halted.
>> Now it doesn't turn on at any speed.
>> Sounds like the motor burned out?

> I am interested in your non working base email me at

I think he tossed it out 5 years ago. you snooze, you know . . .

Vitamix 3600 replace/ upgrade container french69ssrs Cooking Equipment 1 27-10-2013 10:48 PM
Vitamix - Oil the Motor? jofftom Cooking Equipment 2 22-01-2006 05:20 PM
Motor oil toxic for BBQ? [email protected] Barbecue 10 29-07-2005 05:41 AM
Hog Roaster Motor? ChuckM Barbecue 4 25-02-2004 05:45 PM
looking for 35 lb. cap. rotisserory motor MONTMACH Barbecue 6 16-11-2003 02:45 PM