Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

Default BUNN VP-17-2 coffee maker/ how do I clean and flush the plumbing?

I have used this BUNN VP-17-2 coffee maker for over 10 years. Should I
be concerned about mineral deposits (or other gunk) building up on the
units internal plumbing and water heated tank? If so, how do I go
about cleaning and flushing the system and not leave crap inside the
unit. I DO NOT want to affect the taste.
PS - I am not having any problems, just curious and looking for
suggeestions

It has been in different water types; Marietta Ohio was well, Roanoke
Va (?), now Orlando FL well -1330' deep Floridian aquifer

Anyone have a suggestion? Or horror story?!

pink
Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

> wrote in message
>I have used this BUNN VP-17-2 coffee maker for over 10 years. Should I
> be concerned about mineral deposits (or other gunk) building up on the
> units internal plumbing and water heated tank? If so, how do I go
> about cleaning and flushing the system and not leave crap inside the
> unit. I DO NOT want to affect the taste.
> PS - I am not having any problems, just curious and looking for
> suggeestions
>
> It has been in different water types; Marietta Ohio was well, Roanoke
> Va (?), now Orlando FL well -1330' deep Floridian aquifer
>
> Anyone have a suggestion? Or horror story?!
>
> pink

If you check out the Bunn website, you can download a manual that has
information on cleaning procedures.

bmc