Franfogel

Default Bunn model GRW 8 cup coffee maker

I just picked up one of these in a thrift shop--new in the box. I Googled, but
couldn't find this particular model on any of the kitchenware websites. I
wondered if anyone has one of these--Bunn is a respected name in coffee makers.
The main feature of this model is that it keeps the water hot in a reservoir,
so the 8 cups brew in three minutes. Should I keep this, and finally ditch my
ancient Norelco? Thanks for your input.

Fran
scrooge

Franfogel wrote:
> I just picked up one of these in a thrift shop--new in the box. I

Googled, but
> couldn't find this particular model on any of the kitchenware

websites. I
> wondered if anyone has one of these--Bunn is a respected name in

coffee makers.
> The main feature of this model is that it keeps the water hot in a

reservoir,
> so the 8 cups brew in three minutes. Should I keep this, and finally

ditch my
> ancient Norelco? Thanks for your input.
>
> Fran

We had a 10 cup Bunn (sorry I don't recall the model #, and it's 1,050
miles from here... Bought it partly because of the constant hot water
feature, which we never used. We had it for several years, then one day
it got tired and quit.

It did make great coffee quickly, though, and the only thing between me
and a new one was the $100. cost. We got a cheaper (name unknow)
electronic controlled one which we're also satisfied with.

Scrooge

scrooge

Franfogel wrote:
> I just picked up one of these in a thrift shop--new in the box. I

Googled, but
> couldn't find this particular model on any of the kitchenware

websites. I
> wondered if anyone has one of these--Bunn is a respected name in

coffee makers.
> The main feature of this model is that it keeps the water hot in a

reservoir,
> so the 8 cups brew in three minutes. Should I keep this, and finally

ditch my
> ancient Norelco? Thanks for your input.
>
> Fran

We had a 10 cup Bunn (sorry I don't recall the model #, and it's 1,050
miles from here... Bought it partly because of the constant hot water
feature, which we never used. We had it for several years, then one day
it got tired and quit.

It did make great coffee quickly, though, and the only thing between me
and a new one was the $100. cost. We got a cheaper (name unknow)
electronic controlled one which we're also satisfied with.

Scrooge

Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 10 Jan 2005 02:19:25p, Franfogel tittered and giggled, and giggled
and tittered, and finally blurted out...

> I just picked up one of these in a thrift shop--new in the box. I
> Googled, but couldn't find this particular model on any of the
> kitchenware websites. I wondered if anyone has one of these--Bunn is a
> respected name in coffee makers.
> The main feature of this model is that it keeps the water hot in a
> reservoir,
> so the 8 cups brew in three minutes. Should I keep this, and finally
> ditch my ancient Norelco? Thanks for your input.
>
> Fran

Bunn is a good product, and most of the machines I'm familiar with make good
coffee. If you don't make coffee frequently (at least daily), however, the
stored hot water goes stale.

Wayne
kilikini

Franfogel wrote:
> I just picked up one of these in a thrift shop--new in the box. I
> Googled, but couldn't find this particular model on any of the
> kitchenware websites. I wondered if anyone has one of these--Bunn is
> a respected name in coffee makers. The main feature of this model is
> that it keeps the water hot in a reservoir, so the 8 cups brew in
> three minutes. Should I keep this, and finally ditch my ancient
> Norelco? Thanks for your input.
>
> Fran

My husband is a BUNN freak. He nearly cried when his old one ('50's-ish
model) started leaking water so what did I do for him for this Christmas? I
bought him a Bunn. I cringed at the steep $100, I mean, after all, IMO a
coffee maker is a coffee maker, right? I dunno. Anyway...........He won't
let me use hot water from the ta, I have to use it from the Bunn because he
claims that all kinds of particles that sit in the bottom of your hot water
heater get in your food. Whatever.

He was very happy with his Christmas present, but to me, as I said, a coffee
maker is a coffee maker. I just now have a very expensive coffee maker -
and I don't even drink coffee.

kili

kilikini