Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default bonjour double boiler

Fine Cooking website recommends this double boiler. Anybody have any
experience with it?

bliss
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"timbrel" > wrote in message
> Fine Cooking website recommends this double boiler. Anybody have any
> experience with it?
>
> bliss

Sorry, no link or picture came through with the message (at least not on my
server).

I've got an old Farberware stainless 3 quart double boiler that works pretty
well.

Jon

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Jan 25, 3:40 pm, "Zeppo" > wrote:
> "timbrel" > wrote in message

> > Fine Cooking website recommends this double boiler. Anybody have any
> > experience with it?

> > bliss

> Sorry, no link or picture came through with the message (at least not on my
> server).
>
> I've got an old Farberware stainless 3 quart double boiler that works pretty
> well.
>
> Jon

I don't know where that link came from, I didn't post it, but now I
will post one

http://www.amazon.com/BonJour-All-in...1294416&sr=8-2
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article
timbrel > wrote:

> On Jan 25, 3:40 pm, "Zeppo" > wrote:
> > "timbrel" > wrote in message

> > > Fine Cooking website recommends this double boiler. Anybody have any
> > > experience with it?

> > > bliss

> > Sorry, no link or picture came through with the message (at least not on my
> > server).
> >
> > I've got an old Farberware stainless 3 quart double boiler that works
> > pretty
> > well.
> >
> > Jon

> I don't know where that link came from, I didn't post it, but now I
> will post one
>
> http://www.amazon.com/BonJour-All-in...PMY4/ref=pd_bb
> s_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1201294416&sr=8-2

Wow. Fancy, high tech look. But I'll stick with the tried and proven
classic model of one pan atop another. I use a double boiler so rarely
that I could not justify the price (although $39 plus shipping isn't
outrageous). But if you need one frequently, this does look easy to
use, and doesn't sit so high.

jt
Posted to rec.food.equipment

jt august > wrote:

:Wow. Fancy, high tech look. But I'll stick with the tried and proven
:classic model of one pan atop another. I use a double boiler so rarely
:that I could not justify the price (although $39 plus shipping isn't
utrageous). But if you need one frequently, this does look easy to
:use, and doesn't sit so high.

Much of the time I use a double boiler, it's to do something like melt
or temper chocolate. I need to be able to take the inner pan off the
heat source when I've got it at the right temp, and put it back
briefly when it cools down. An electric version of that, with an
accurate thermostatic control would be cool.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
David Scheidt > wrote:

> Much of the time I use a double boiler, it's to do something like melt
> or temper chocolate. I need to be able to take the inner pan off the
> heat source when I've got it at the right temp, and put it back
> briefly when it cools down. An electric version of that, with an
> accurate thermostatic control would be cool.

You can do that with any double boiler. The top pan should always be
easily removable for that very reason. Now, for an electric version
with thermostatic control, I might suggest an electric pressure cooker,
used with the lid of, and instead a double boiler insert pan (found
easily on the web) that fits the top of the pressure cooker pot.

jt

Double boiler bread --keven. Sourdough 4 19-12-2006 05:40 PM
double boiler recipes [email protected] Cooking Equipment 0 08-01-2006 09:57 PM
double boiler juice extractor? William R. Watt Preserving 14 24-02-2005 08:45 AM
double boiler fhapgood Cooking Equipment 8 16-01-2005 09:04 PM
Uses for the Visions double boiler insert? plums Cooking Equipment 4 01-01-2004 11:56 PM