Posted to rec.food.equipment
jes jes is offline

Default zojirushi rice cooker

I just got a used zojirushi, without instructions. The webside has a
52 pg. .pdf format booklet.

Can anyone give me quick and dirty measurements? ! cup rice + water
to x mark.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Joan

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:07:54 -0700, jes > wrote:

>I just got a used zojirushi, without instructions. The webside has a
>52 pg. .pdf format booklet.
>
>Can anyone give me quick and dirty measurements? ! cup rice + water
>to x mark.

What kind of rice?

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment
jes jes is offline

> What kind of rice?
>
> -- Larry

Usually white, Calrose Hinode. Rarely brown.

I always wash the rice first. Then it worked out to about the same
amount of water to rice. But that's my old $15. National, right??

Joan

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:05:38 -0700, jes > wrote:

>Usually white, Calrose Hinode. Rarely brown.
>
>I always wash the rice first. Then it worked out to about the same
>amount of water to rice. But that's my old $15. National, right??

For Basmati or other long grain, if washed, I use 1.5 cups of water per cup of
rice. If not washed. another ~1/4 cup of water.

For short-grain, plump rice, like paella or risotto-type rices (arborio,
carnaroli, vialone nano) which are generally not washed, I use 2 cups of water
per cup of rice.

I generally don't add salt by itself, but use a chicken bouillion cube.

-- Larry