Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Small Mouth Mason Jars

At some point in the past Ball made small Mason jelly jars with lids
and bands smaller than 'regular' and/or 'large.' I measure them at ~2
3/8" in diameter.

I've given up searching in Google. I either get no answers or too many
false hits.

I would have posted my question with "homecanning.com" where Ball and
Kerr jars are now made, but their 'privacy policy' reserved the right
to flood my mailbox and email inbox with marketing information from
them and 'selected associates.' Their 800 # was 'busy.'

Anyone know where to look?

Thanks,

baumgrenze

Posted to rec.food.equipment

baumgrenze wrote:
> At some point in the past Ball made small Mason jelly jars with lids
> and bands smaller than 'regular' and/or 'large.' I measure them at ~2
> 3/8" in diameter.
>
> I've given up searching in Google. I either get no answers or too many
> false hits.
>
> I would have posted my question with "homecanning.com" where Ball and
> Kerr jars are now made, but their 'privacy policy' reserved the right
> to flood my mailbox and email inbox with marketing information from
> them and 'selected associates.' Their 800 # was 'busy.'
>
> Anyone know where to look?
>
> Thanks,
>
> baumgrenze

create a throw away email. Or keep dialing. Or learn how to use google
better.

--
Del Cecchi
"This post is my own and doesn’t necessarily represent IBM’s positions,
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Apr 26, 12:54 pm, baumgrenze > wrote:
> At some point in the past Ball made small Mason jelly jars with lids
> and bands smaller than 'regular' and/or 'large.' I measure them at ~2
> 3/8" in diameter.
>
> I've given up searching in Google. I either get no answers or too many
> false hits.
>
> I would have posted my question with "homecanning.com" where Ball and
> Kerr jars are now made, but their 'privacy policy' reserved the right
> to flood my mailbox and email inbox with marketing information from
> them and 'selected associates.' Their 800 # was 'busy.'
>
> Anyone know where to look?
>
> Thanks,
>
> baumgrenze

Look at Walmart, Target, Big Lots, your local hardware (mom and pops)
store.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Dee Dee" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 26, 12:54 pm, baumgrenze > wrote:
>> At some point in the past Ball made small Mason jelly jars with lids
>> and bands smaller than 'regular' and/or 'large.' I measure them at ~2
>> 3/8" in diameter.
>>
>> I've given up searching in Google. I either get no answers or too many
>> false hits.
>>
>> I would have posted my question with "homecanning.com" where Ball and
>> Kerr jars are now made, but their 'privacy policy' reserved the right
>> to flood my mailbox and email inbox with marketing information from
>> them and 'selected associates.' Their 800 # was 'busy.'
>>
>> Anyone know where to look?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> baumgrenze

> Look at Walmart, Target, Big Lots, your local hardware (mom and pops)
> store.

mills fleet farm.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Dee Dee" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 26, 12:54 pm, baumgrenze > wrote:
>> At some point in the past Ball made small Mason jelly jars with lids
>> and bands smaller than 'regular' and/or 'large.' I measure them at ~2
>> 3/8" in diameter.
>>
>> I've given up searching in Google. I either get no answers or too many
>> false hits.
>>
>> I would have posted my question with "homecanning.com" where Ball and
>> Kerr jars are now made, but their 'privacy policy' reserved the right
>> to flood my mailbox and email inbox with marketing information from
>> them and 'selected associates.' Their 800 # was 'busy.'
>>
>> Anyone know where to look?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> baumgrenze

> Look at Walmart, Target, Big Lots, your local hardware (mom and pops)
> store.

I googled "buy canning jars" and got a bunch of relevant hits. Here is a
real interesting one

http://www.sks-bottle.com/CanningJars.html

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On 26 Apr 2007 09:54:02 -0700, baumgrenze >
wrote:

>At some point in the past Ball made small Mason jelly jars with lids
>and bands smaller than 'regular' and/or 'large.' I measure them at ~2
>3/8" in diameter.
>
>I've given up searching in Google. I either get no answers or too many
>false hits.
>
>I would have posted my question with "homecanning.com" where Ball and
>Kerr jars are now made, but their 'privacy policy' reserved the right
>to flood my mailbox and email inbox with marketing information from
>them and 'selected associates.' Their 800 # was 'busy.'
>
>Anyone know where to look?
>
>Thanks,
>
>baumgrenze

I just measured my Ball regular sized lid. It is 2 5/8 inches in
diameter. I seem to remember that there were jars and lids made in
Canada that were metric and did not were not the same as US jars.
--
Susan N.