Stuart S. Berr

Default Chocholate tempering devices

Does anyone have recommendations for chocholate tempering devices. The
Revolation 1 and 2 look nice. Is the 2 worth the price difference over
the 1? Also, applianceshopper.biz seemed to have the best prices
(http://applianceshopper.biz/restaura..._equipment.htm).
Are the other places I should look for buying one of these?

Mark Thorson

"Stuart S. Berr" wrote:

> Does anyone have recommendations for chocholate tempering devices.

Marble slab and a scraper blade. You can do a better job
by hand than a machine can do, once you've learned the
technique. The machines just try to replicate the hand process.

Stuart S. Berr

I thought the point of these devices was to heat and then cool the
chocolate in a very controlled manner. I'm not sure how you'd do this by
hand?

Mark Thorson wrote:

>"Stuart S. Berr" wrote:
>

>>Does anyone have recommendations for chocholate tempering devices.
>>

>Marble slab and a scraper blade. You can do a better job
>by hand than a machine can do, once you've learned the
>technique. The machines just try to replicate the hand process.

_________

frood

I have the revolation I. I did not choose it - it was a gift, but it's a
pretty cool gift! It is rather noisy, and I don't know if all of them are,
or just mine. It's quite handy to dump the chocolate in, turn it on, then do
other stuff while waiting. I used to use a buffet warmer (like a hot plate,
but not as hot, and large enough to put several serving dishes on for a
buffet) and moved the pot around to the warmer and cooler spots to temper
chocolate. It worked, once I got the hang of it, but required constant
attention.

My DH ordered mine through baker's catalog http://www.kingarthurflour.com/
but I don't know if that is a better price than you found.

As Mark says, it is not necessary to have a machine. But I'm really enjoying
mine - I can whip up a batch of chocolates in no time! And, it's less messy.
:-)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

(http://applianceshopper.biz/restaura...ssing_equipmen
t.htm).
> Are the other places I should look for buying one of these?

Stuart S. Berr

It is $40 cheaper he
http://www.selectappliance.com/exec/...cv_revolation1

frood wrote:

>I have the revolation I. I did not choose it - it was a gift, but it's a
>pretty cool gift! It is rather noisy, and I don't know if all of them are,
>or just mine. It's quite handy to dump the chocolate in, turn it on, then do
>other stuff while waiting. I used to use a buffet warmer (like a hot plate,
>but not as hot, and large enough to put several serving dishes on for a
>buffet) and moved the pot around to the warmer and cooler spots to temper
>chocolate. It worked, once I got the hang of it, but required constant
>attention.
>
>My DH ordered mine through baker's catalog http://www.kingarthurflour.com/
>but I don't know if that is a better price than you found.
>
>As Mark says, it is not necessary to have a machine. But I'm really enjoying
>mine - I can whip up a batch of chocolates in no time! And, it's less messy.
>:-)

Stuart S. Berr, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Research
Radiology and Biomedical Engineering
University of Virginia
Health Sciences Center
P.O. Box 801332
409 Lane Road
MR4 Building, Room 1192
Charlottesville, VA 22908
email:
fax: 434-982-4129
voice: 434-924-5096
http://imaging.med.virginia.edu

Electronic devices don't work for me [email protected] Barbecue 2 20-02-2009 01:08 AM
Shredding Devices? Myrl Jeffcoat General Cooking 49 20-07-2008 04:41 PM
006 GPS Devices 00624 Morales Diabetic 0 16-07-2008 10:27 PM
chocholate stephen Chocolate 3 12-11-2004 02:20 AM
chocholate stephen General Cooking 4 12-11-2004 02:20 AM