Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Electronic devices don't work for me

Well, I thought I'd share my problems with my electronic instant read
thermometer.

My wife and her father like America's Test Kitchen and they are big
into the instant read thermometers so I got one at Dillards. It is
made by CDN and has a digital readout. It took me two or three uses
to figure out how to use it. I had to read up on the internet to
figure out where the temperature was measured and then it was good.
But, Monday I went to grill some chicken and the dumb thing wouldn't
turn on. So, I tried to change the battery, but I can't get the
battery cover off. It looks like someone before me had tried as well
because the battery cover had some marks on it when I bought the
thing. I think it may have been returned to the store by someone
before me since it was the last one left on the rack.

Now, what it annoying is that a while back, thanks to encouragement
from this group and the FAQ I had tried to use some Polder
thermometers while smoking in my WSM. But, they never worked either.
I returned two or three of them to the store and then gave up.

Years earlier I had a car whose alternator kept going out. I could
never get an electronic voltmeter to work on that.

So, I'm thinking that electronic meters simply don't work for me and
I'm sticking with analog! My analog voltmeter and thermometers work
great and never break.

- Bobby
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nunya Bidnits wrote:
> In ,
> > typed:
>> Well, I thought I'd share my problems with my electronic instant read
>> thermometer.
>>
>> My wife and her father like America's Test Kitchen and they are big
>> into the instant read thermometers so I got one at Dillards. It is
>> made by CDN and has a digital readout. It took me two or three uses
>> to figure out how to use it. I had to read up on the internet to
>> figure out where the temperature was measured and then it was good.
>> But, Monday I went to grill some chicken and the dumb thing wouldn't
>> turn on. So, I tried to change the battery, but I can't get the
>> battery cover off. It looks like someone before me had tried as well
>> because the battery cover had some marks on it when I bought the
>> thing. I think it may have been returned to the store by someone
>> before me since it was the last one left on the rack.
>>
>> Now, what it annoying is that a while back, thanks to encouragement
>> from this group and the FAQ I had tried to use some Polder
>> thermometers while smoking in my WSM. But, they never worked either.
>> I returned two or three of them to the store and then gave up.
>>
>> Years earlier I had a car whose alternator kept going out. I could
>> never get an electronic voltmeter to work on that.
>>
>> So, I'm thinking that electronic meters simply don't work for me and
>> I'm sticking with analog! My analog voltmeter and thermometers work
>> great and never break.
>>
>> - Bobby

> Aliens have implanted an electromagnetic pulse device deep in your brain.
> Call the NSA immediately, you are a valuable weapon.
>
> MBKC

Uh, he IS an alien. Has all the symptoms: the obvious electronic issues
and the multi-letter repetitions in his identity. My suggestion is to go
get degaussed real good! REAL GOOD! Reserve a space at the Hadron
collider if you don't mind waiting in line. I think they have a bar you
can hang out in until your degaussing pod has been through the EMF
charger. Try the mojito, it gets rave reviews :-) the Happy Hour rocks -
5-7pm

jOhN - who has no problem with electronics - all human, all the
time........mostly, or at least it seems that way while I'm conscious

Shredding Devices? Myrl Jeffcoat General Cooking 49 20-07-2008 04:41 PM
006 GPS Devices 00624 Morales Diabetic 0 16-07-2008 10:27 PM
So what do we really want to wear to work? At first thought, most ofus would say, "It would be really cool if we could wear jeans to work all thetime. After all, I paid just as much for my jeans as I paid for that outfit Iwore to work yesterday. [email protected] Sushi 0 26-04-2008 06:23 PM
EARN FROM YOUR P.C . WORK FROM YOUR HOME. THE WELL PAID ONLINE MAKINGPROGRAMME INVITES YOU TO WORK WITH THEM AND GET PAID FOR YOUR WORK.YOU CANEARN $2,00,000 IN A SINGLE WEEK. THE LINK IS BELOW vicky General Cooking 0 25-04-2008 07:05 AM
Chocholate tempering devices Stuart S. Berr Chocolate 4 19-02-2004 10:40 PM