Posted to rec.food.chocolate
craftydragon1951

Default Does any one have stomach problems from chocolate?

I have trouble eating as much chocolate as in a Hershey's kiss - severe
gasto-intestinal symptoms. Does any one else have this problem and
have you found a cause or a solution?

Shana

Posted to rec.food.chocolate
marian

You may be alergic to wheat or glutten. Try another chocolate.
"craftydragon1951" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have trouble eating as much chocolate as in a Hershey's kiss - severe
> gasto-intestinal symptoms. Does any one else have this problem and
> have you found a cause or a solution?
>
> Shana

Posted to rec.food.chocolate
craftydragon1951

Thanks but that's not it, I've tried several different brands and types
of choc. It seems to be any type of chocolate. Plus cheddar cheese.
Weird.

Posted to rec.food.chocolate
Boron Elgar

On 22 Jan 2006 05:46:44 -0800, "craftydragon1951"
> wrote:

>Thanks but that's not it, I've tried several different brands and types
>of choc. It seems to be any type of chocolate. Plus cheddar cheese.
>Weird.

Milk chocolate has dairy in it, as does cheese, of course. How do you
react to other dairy products or to semi-or bittersweet chocolate?

Boron
Posted to rec.food.chocolate
craftydragon1951

I'm ok for all other dairy.

Posted to rec.food.chocolate
craftydragon1951

I've tried using Lactaid but it doen't help. Thanks for the
suggestions.

Shana

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

As I understand it, it is possible to be allergic to nearly everything
(except sugar, I think it is). I suppose you could be allergic to a
particular enzyme that is common to both chocolate and cheddar cheese.

ot; stomach cramps Tom Biasi[_2_] General Cooking 2 21-12-2010 11:16 PM
Pig stomach, maw in Norfolk, UK??? [email protected] General Cooking 1 17-11-2007 01:28 PM
Stomach Richard Vegan 0 14-09-2007 01:05 AM
How many with stomach flu Terry General Cooking 21 26-11-2006 08:34 PM
Stomach Disaster Dick Thompson General Cooking 30 30-10-2004 12:31 PM