Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How many with stomach flu

Thanksgiving dinner has lots of food from lots of sources.

My nephew is sick today. I don't know if the diner had anything to do
with it or not.

He was complaining about a headache last night. He woke up this
morning and got sick. He was complaining about his legs hurting.

I gave him Tylenol and he has been drinking water. He said that he
felt better for a few hours but he is complaining again of being tired.
He never got sick again but he complained that he felt a little like
being sick.

He is 13. I am just babysitting so his mom, sister and a few relatives
can go shopping today.

I hate it when he or my niece gets sick on my watch as I have no kids
nor want any.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry wrote:
> Thanksgiving dinner has lots of food from lots of sources.
>
> My nephew is sick today. I don't know if the diner had anything to do
> with it or not.

Terry -
There does seem to be some stomach flu going around. About a week ago
I had it, and also had a week of really bad headaches.

I also have a son-in-law that had something a few days prior.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry wrote:
> Thanksgiving dinner has lots of food from lots of sources.
>
> My nephew is sick today. I don't know if the diner had anything to do
> with it or not.
>
> He was complaining about a headache last night. He woke up this
> morning and got sick. He was complaining about his legs hurting.
>
> I gave him Tylenol and he has been drinking water. He said that he
> felt better for a few hours but he is complaining again of being tired.
> He never got sick again but he complained that he felt a little like
> being sick.
>
> He is 13. I am just babysitting so his mom, sister and a few relatives
> can go shopping today.
>
> I hate it when he or my niece gets sick on my watch as I have no kids
> nor want any.

David started getting sick on Wednesday afternoon and has been sick straight
through. He spent most of Thanksgiving dinner laid up on his sister's sofa.
He's still sick today and I'm trying get him to keep bananas, toast and
pedialyte in his belly. He's exhausted and sick. Poor guy got no good
thanksgiving dinner.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Bubbo" > wrote in message
> David started getting sick on Wednesday afternoon and has been sick
> straight
> through. He spent most of Thanksgiving dinner laid up on his sister's
> sofa.
> He's still sick today and I'm trying get him to keep bananas, toast and
> pedialyte in his belly. He's exhausted and sick. Poor guy got no good
> thanksgiving dinner.

Two of mine got it Wednesday night (I pulled one of those all-nighters!) and
one still has it but I'm pushing liquids best I can.
Marie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sat 25 Nov 2006 01:22:47a, Nexis meant to say...

> "Terry" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Thanksgiving dinner has lots of food from lots of sources.
>>
>> My nephew is sick today. I don't know if the diner had anything to do
>> with it or not.
>>
>> He was complaining about a headache last night. He woke up this
>> morning and got sick. He was complaining about his legs hurting.
>>
>> I gave him Tylenol and he has been drinking water. He said that he
>> felt better for a few hours but he is complaining again of being tired.
>> He never got sick again but he complained that he felt a little like
>> being sick.
>>
>> He is 13. I am just babysitting so his mom, sister and a few relatives
>> can go shopping today.
>>
>> I hate it when he or my niece gets sick on my watch as I have no kids
>> nor want any.
>>

> My brother, his wife and their 4 kids, my sister, her two daughters and
> her 2 grandkids, my dad, my daughter's best friend and her mom, and my
> daughters art teacher's whole family have all had a stomach flu in the
> last week.
>
> kimberly

Good grief! How do you keep count?

--
Wayne Boatwright

If at first we don't succeed, we run the risk of
failure.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thanksgiving dinner has lots of food from lots of sources.
>
> My nephew is sick today. I don't know if the diner had anything to do
> with it or not.
>
> He was complaining about a headache last night. He woke up this
> morning and got sick. He was complaining about his legs hurting.
>
> I gave him Tylenol and he has been drinking water. He said that he
> felt better for a few hours but he is complaining again of being tired.
> He never got sick again but he complained that he felt a little like
> being sick.
>
> He is 13. I am just babysitting so his mom, sister and a few relatives
> can go shopping today.
>
> I hate it when he or my niece gets sick on my watch as I have no kids
> nor want any.

My brother, his wife and their 4 kids, my sister, her two daughters and her 2
grandkids, my dad, my daughter's best friend and her mom, and my daughters art
teacher's whole family have all had a stomach flu in the last week.

kimberly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Crash hasn't been able to eat for two days without having problems. He
completely missed Thanksgiving dinner and the pre-dinner horse's
ovaries the evening before. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better for
him.

--
Thanksgiving updates from kili's sister:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 03:10:59 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>Crash hasn't been able to eat for two days without having problems. He
>completely missed Thanksgiving dinner and the pre-dinner horse's
>ovaries the evening before. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better for
>him.

Okay, all you sick people. Cut it out! Get better now, or else!

Serene (did that help?)
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 01:15:45 -0800, Serene >
wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 03:10:59 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:
>
>>Crash hasn't been able to eat for two days without having problems. He
>>completely missed Thanksgiving dinner and the pre-dinner horse's
>>ovaries the evening before. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better for
>>him.

>Okay, all you sick people. Cut it out! Get better now, or else!
>
>Serene (did that help?)

I'll bet Crash is feeling better already. I'll go wake him up and ask
him. <G>

--
Thanksgiving updates from kili's sister:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 03:16:52 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 01:15:45 -0800, Serene >
>wrote:

>>Okay, all you sick people. Cut it out! Get better now, or else!
>>
>>Serene (did that help?)

>I'll bet Crash is feeling better already. I'll go wake him up and ask
>him. <G>

*laugh* Don't you dare!

ObFood: Still grooving on the non-wacky cake. Yumma.

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry wrote:

> Thanksgiving dinner has lots of food from lots of sources.
>
> My nephew is sick today. I don't know if the diner had anything to do
> with it or not.
>
> He was complaining about a headache last night. He woke up this
> morning and got sick. He was complaining about his legs hurting.
>
> I gave him Tylenol and he has been drinking water. He said that he
> felt better for a few hours but he is complaining again of being tired.
> He never got sick again but he complained that he felt a little like
> being sick.
>
> He is 13. I am just babysitting so his mom, sister and a few relatives
> can go shopping today.
>
> I hate it when he or my niece gets sick on my watch as I have no kids
> nor want any.

Stomach flu or some form of food poisoning?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nexis wrote:
> "Terry" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Thanksgiving dinner has lots of food from lots of sources.
> >
> > My nephew is sick today. I don't know if the diner had anything to do
> > with it or not.
> >
> > He was complaining about a headache last night. He woke up this
> > morning and got sick. He was complaining about his legs hurting.
> >
> > I gave him Tylenol and he has been drinking water. He said that he
> > felt better for a few hours but he is complaining again of being tired.
> > He never got sick again but he complained that he felt a little like
> > being sick.
> >
> > He is 13. I am just babysitting so his mom, sister and a few relatives
> > can go shopping today.
> >
> > I hate it when he or my niece gets sick on my watch as I have no kids
> > nor want any.
> >

> My brother, his wife and their 4 kids, my sister, her two daughters and her 2
> grandkids, my dad, my daughter's best friend and her mom, and my daughters art
> teacher's whole family have all had a stomach flu in the last week.
>
> kimberly

I'm amazed. Usually my coworkers are bellweathers with any ailment
that comes down the pike. Thus far, none of them have dropped. prolly
next week.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> Terry wrote:
>>
>> Thanksgiving dinner has lots of food from lots of sources.
>>
>> My nephew is sick today. I don't know if the diner had anything to do
>> with it or not.
>>
>> He was complaining about a headache last night. He woke up this
>> morning and got sick. He was complaining about his legs hurting.
>>
>> I gave him Tylenol and he has been drinking water. He said that he
>> felt better for a few hours but he is complaining again of being tired.
>> He never got sick again but he complained that he felt a little like
>> being sick.
>>
>> He is 13. I am just babysitting so his mom, sister and a few relatives
>> can go shopping today.
>>
>> I hate it when he or my niece gets sick on my watch as I have no kids
>> nor want any.

> Stomach flu or some form of food poisoning?

I'm nt sure what it is in David's case, but it's not food poisoning. He works
with the DCD kids at a local high school and it's been running rampant with
them. These kids don't know to wash their hands, cover their mouths or respect
intimate boundaries. He started with some mild flu like symptoms: headache,
irritated throat, tired, achey. Now he's gt this intestinal business going on.

I figure he's on the mend now. He even ate a tiny bit of cheesecake last
night.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
I thought I was driving by Gettysburg once but it ends up I was just driving
by your mom's house.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sat 25 Nov 2006 10:04:07p, Nexis meant to say...

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> 28.19...
>> Oh pshaw, on Sat 25 Nov 2006 01:22:47a, Nexis meant to say...
>>

>>> "Terry" > wrote in message
>>> oups.com...

>>> My brother, his wife and their 4 kids, my sister, her two daughters
>>> and her 2 grandkids, my dad, my daughter's best friend and her mom,
>>> and my daughters art teacher's whole family have all had a stomach flu
>>> in the last week.
>>>
>>> kimberly

>> Good grief! How do you keep count?
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright

> Heh, I have to keep count...otherwise how would I know who to avoid for
> a few days? ;-)
> I tend to catch every illness that comes within a 5 mile radius, so I
> have to keep track of who's sick!
>
> kimberly

I feel the same way every time I see someone sick at work. I keep my
distance and wish they would leave.

--
Wayne Boatwright

You're not as real as you think you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> Oh pshaw, on Sat 25 Nov 2006 01:22:47a, Nexis meant to say...
>

>> "Terry" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>> Thanksgiving dinner has lots of food from lots of sources.
>>>
>>> My nephew is sick today. I don't know if the diner had anything to do
>>> with it or not.
>>>
>>> He was complaining about a headache last night. He woke up this
>>> morning and got sick. He was complaining about his legs hurting.
>>>
>>> I gave him Tylenol and he has been drinking water. He said that he
>>> felt better for a few hours but he is complaining again of being tired.
>>> He never got sick again but he complained that he felt a little like
>>> being sick.
>>>
>>> He is 13. I am just babysitting so his mom, sister and a few relatives
>>> can go shopping today.
>>>
>>> I hate it when he or my niece gets sick on my watch as I have no kids
>>> nor want any.
>>>

>> My brother, his wife and their 4 kids, my sister, her two daughters and
>> her 2 grandkids, my dad, my daughter's best friend and her mom, and my
>> daughters art teacher's whole family have all had a stomach flu in the
>> last week.
>>
>> kimberly

> Good grief! How do you keep count?
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

Heh, I have to keep count...otherwise how would I know who to avoid for a few days?
;-)
I tend to catch every illness that comes within a 5 mile radius, so I have to keep
track of who's sick!

kimberly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 07:10:56a, Ken Davey meant to say...

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> 28.19...
>> Oh pshaw, on Sat 25 Nov 2006 10:04:07p, Nexis meant to say...
>>

>>> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> 28.19...

kids

flu

>>> Heh, I have to keep count...otherwise how would I know who to avoid for
>>> a few days? ;-)
>>> I tend to catch every illness that comes within a 5 mile radius, so I
>>> have to keep track of who's sick!
>>>
>>> kimberly

>> I feel the same way every time I see someone sick at work. I keep my
>> distance and wish they would leave.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright

> There is no such thing as 'stomach flu'.

Maybe not, Ken, but they're sick with something contagious and I don't want
to catch it.

--
Wayne Boatwright

You're not as real as you think you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> Oh pshaw, on Sat 25 Nov 2006 10:04:07p, Nexis meant to say...
>

>> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
>> 28.19...
>>> Oh pshaw, on Sat 25 Nov 2006 01:22:47a, Nexis meant to say...

>>> Good grief! How do you keep count?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wayne Boatwright

>> Heh, I have to keep count...otherwise how would I know who to avoid for
>> a few days? ;-)
>> I tend to catch every illness that comes within a 5 mile radius, so I
>> have to keep track of who's sick!
>>
>> kimberly

> I feel the same way every time I see someone sick at work. I keep my
> distance and wish they would leave.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

There is no such thing as 'stomach flu'.

--
Regards.
Ken.

Please join my team in the fight against cancer.
http://www.grid.org/services/teams/t...3-AEB0DD18A6CE

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ken Davey" > wrote:

> There is no such thing as 'stomach flu'.

The technical term is "stomach virus", but everybody just calls it
stomach flu.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/gastro/faq.htm
--

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> In article >,

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ken Davey wrote:

>> "Ken Davey" > wrote:
>>

>>> There is no such thing as 'stomach flu'.

>> The technical term is "stomach virus", but everybody just calls it
>> stomach flu.
>>
>> --
>> Dan Abel

> http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/gastro/faq.htm

yeah, that's what david had. I made him drink pedialyte and eat bananas and
toast.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
I thought I was driving by Gettysburg once but it ends up I was just driving
by your mom's house.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> Wayne Boatwright

>> There is no such thing as 'stomach flu'.
>>

> Maybe not, Ken, but they're sick with something contagious and I don't want
> to catch it.

Supposedly, many cases of so called "stomach flu" are really food
poisoning.
My family and I NEVER have these problems thankfully. Others seem to
have them repeatedly and I suppose it couldn't hurt for them to review
common food safety rules. Then again some people live like pigs and also
never get sick, and others go to extremes and get still frequently get
ill.... go figure?

ot; stomach cramps Tom Biasi[_2_] General Cooking 2 21-12-2010 11:16 PM
3 Veggies That Help to Burn Stomach Fat racefan83 Diabetic 0 25-01-2010 09:49 PM
Pig stomach, maw in Norfolk, UK??? [email protected] General Cooking 1 17-11-2007 01:28 PM
Stomach Richard Vegan 0 14-09-2007 01:05 AM
Stomach Disaster Dick Thompson General Cooking 30 30-10-2004 12:31 PM