Withers, Jeremy C

Default Cadbury Coconut Boost bars

Hi all,

I am looking for a chocolate bar which was once available (during the 1980's
and maybe 1990s) in the UK as Coconut Boost.

We still have the Biscuit Boost and now Boost Guarana although these are now
marketed as energy bars.

The coconut boost, if I remember correctly, consisted of a core of something
like a coconut nougat wrapped in a softish coconuty caramel all coated in
milk chocolate. (I've not seen my girlfriend peel one for many years now so
my description may be a little off.)

I recently had success tracking down Crispy Crunch bars in Canada which made
a very brief appearance in the UK as Craze bars and so I wondered if the
coconut boost also lives on in another part of the world.

I would be very grateful for any help readers can give me.

Thanks

Jeremy

Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Withers, Jeremy C" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for a chocolate bar which was once available (during the

1980's
> and maybe 1990s) in the UK as Coconut Boost.

<snip>

http://www.cadbury.co.uk/CTB/OurProducts/Boost.htm

From what I can tell, it has been discontinued. However, I don't know if
you've already tried, but why not e-mail the company? They have a contact
link on their site. If enough people request it, perhaps they'll bring it
back--even just for a limited time. Or they may be able to tell you if they
are available by another name in another country.

The only other chocolate bars with coconut (that I can think of) are Bounty
(made by Mars) and Mounds/Almond Joy--can't remember who makes them but it's
an American company. Neither of them have any caramel in them, though.

rona

Withers, Jeremy C

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" > wrote in message

> "Withers, Jeremy C" > wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am looking for a chocolate bar which was once available (during the

> 1980's
> > and maybe 1990s) in the UK as Coconut Boost.
> >

> <snip>
>
> http://www.cadbury.co.uk/CTB/OurProducts/Boost.htm
>
> From what I can tell, it has been discontinued. However, I don't know if
> you've already tried, but why not e-mail the company? They have a contact
> link on their site. If enough people request it, perhaps they'll bring it
> back--even just for a limited time. Or they may be able to tell you if

they
> are available by another name in another country.
>
> The only other chocolate bars with coconut (that I can think of) are

Bounty
> (made by Mars) and Mounds/Almond Joy--can't remember who makes them but

it's
> an American company. Neither of them have any caramel in them, though.
>
> rona
> --
> ***For e-mail, replace .com with .ca Sorry for the inconvenience!***

Thanks Rona,

I tried emailing Cadbury but was sent a fairly standard looking response
saying pretty much the same as you. They couldn't tell me if the product was
still made elsewhere in the world.

Jeremy