missgrunge

Default Whitman's in Australia?

Where can I buy Whitman's Sampler chocolates in Australia? We used to
get stacks of them in the large supermarkets, eg Coles, but I haven't
seen them for ages.
Miss G.

If the Sampler is as bad as it has gotten here in the US, the stores
probably don't sell much of it any more. I think Pet Foods bought it
out and all the great flavors were replaced with drab, crappy
candies... and they all got smaller... much smaller.

It used to be a tradition in our family to give/get boxes of Whitman's.

Now, nobody cares a "wit" about it.

TexGEOas
Argyle, Texas

Posted to rec.food.chocolate
Dee Randall

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> If the Sampler is as bad as it has gotten here in the US, the stores
> probably don't sell much of it any more. I think Pet Foods bought it
> out and all the great flavors were replaced with drab, crappy
> candies... and they all got smaller... much smaller.
>
> It used to be a tradition in our family to give/get boxes of Whitman's.
>
> Now, nobody cares a "wit" about it.
>
> TexGEOas
> Argyle, Texas

In f-i-l's family, Whitman's is given as a gift with pride. I usually pass
it up when it is passed around.
DH likes to follow the tradition, and this year when DH bought the family
candy gifts for f-i-l to pass out, I talked DH into Belgium chocolates
instead. I wonder if they were looking forward to the Whitmans - <g>
Dee Dee