JohnB

Default Looking for an oldtime chocolate marshmallow candy

I not sure this is the right place to ask, but I'm trying to track
down an old fashioned candy from the 60-70's. It used to be sold in
sweet shops like those in Asbury Park and other vacation spots in the
Northeast.

It was square covered in dark chocolate. Inside were two layers of
marshmallow, one vanilla and one chocolate, separated by a thin layer
of jelly.

If anyone knows a website or even what they were called, please let me
know.

Thanks...JohnB
Ali

Sounds like another version of a Mallo. Where I grew up (canada), they were
done where a small round cookie was the base, then jam, then marshmallow,
then dipped in chocolate. Doing a google, it looks like there's some recipes
around that are close, but not quite. (I used keywords: Chocolate
marshmallow cookies) And when I did a search on Mallo, it got tons of links
to buy something called Mallo Cups.

Ali

"JohnB" > wrote in message
om...
> I not sure this is the right place to ask, but I'm trying to track
> down an old fashioned candy from the 60-70's. It used to be sold in
> sweet shops like those in Asbury Park and other vacation spots in the
> Northeast.
>
> It was square covered in dark chocolate. Inside were two layers of
> marshmallow, one vanilla and one chocolate, separated by a thin layer
> of jelly.
>
> If anyone knows a website or even what they were called, please let me
> know.
>
> Thanks...JohnB

Ali

Sounds like another version of a Mallo. Where I grew up (canada), they were
done where a small round cookie was the base, then jam, then marshmallow,
then dipped in chocolate. Doing a google, it looks like there's some recipes
around that are close, but not quite. (I used keywords: Chocolate
marshmallow cookies) And when I did a search on Mallo, it got tons of links
to buy something called Mallo Cups.

Ali

om...