Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Default Microwave Chocolate Mug Brownie

This recipe appeared in the Jan 11, 09 Chicago Tribune.
This makes a delicious brownie for one in about a minute.

Microwave Chocolate Mug Brownie

2 Tbs vegetable oil
2 Tbs water
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
dash salt
4 Tbs granulated sugar
2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
4 Tbs all purpose flour

In a 12 oz coffee mug, add water, oil and vanilla. Whisk well.
Add cocoa powder, whisk well. Add sugar, whisk well. Add flour, whisk
well.

Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds. Center should be slightly molten.
Enjoy with a spoon. Careful brownie will be hot.

I used a 1500 watt microwave. 60 seconds makes a molten center
brownie. 75 seconds make a uniformly done brownie.
Posted to rec.food.chocolate

On Jan 11, 7:28 pm, Rusty > wrote:
> This recipe appeared in the Jan 11, 09 Chicago Tribune.
> This makes a delicious brownie for one in about a minute.
>
> Microwave Chocolate Mug Brownie
>
> 2 Tbs vegetable oil
> 2 Tbs water
> 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
> dash salt
> 4 Tbs granulated sugar
> 2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
> 4 Tbs all purpose flour
>
> In a 12 oz coffee mug, add water, oil and vanilla. Whisk well.
> Add cocoa powder, whisk well. Add sugar, whisk well. Add flour, whisk
> well.
>
> Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds. Center should be slightly molten.
> Enjoy with a spoon. Careful brownie will be hot.
>
> I used a 1500 watt microwave. 60 seconds makes a molten center
> brownie. 75 seconds make a uniformly done brownie.

Report: Tried this twice. It's actually good. But weird that the
directions call for separate measuring and whisking with almost each
separate ingredient. The author assumes you have three separate and
clean tablsepoon measures. Second try I just mixed everything
together except the flour, which was added last. Worked fine.

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

On Jan 11, 7:28 pm, Rusty > wrote:
> This recipe appeared in the Jan 11, 09 Chicago Tribune.
> This makes a delicious brownie for one in about a minute.
>
> Microwave Chocolate Mug Brownie
>
> 2 Tbs vegetable oil
> 2 Tbs water
> 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
> dash salt
> 4 Tbs granulated sugar
> 2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
> 4 Tbs all purpose flour
>
> In a 12 oz coffee mug, add water, oil and vanilla. Whisk well.
> Add cocoa powder, whisk well. Add sugar, whisk well. Add flour, whisk
> well.
>
> Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds. Center should be slightly molten.
> Enjoy with a spoon. Careful brownie will be hot.
>
> I used a 1500 watt microwave. 60 seconds makes a molten center
> brownie. 75 seconds make a uniformly done brownie.

Oh yes. And used a tall small mixing bowl for the whisking, then
poured into 3 mini cupcake tins with papers. Easier for both.