Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Default Chocolate cake recipe

milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, chocolate with strawberies,
chocolate with cherry, black forest, death by chocolate, triple fudge layer,
etc....more specific please - I have WAY too many recipes, please let me
know what exactly you are looking for.

"Shawn" > wrote in message
. ..
> Does any one have a chocolate cake recipe.

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

The easiest recipe for a chocolate cake was given to me awhile ago by a
eight year old girl who very proudly stated that she had made it all by
herself - warning - this is not technically a homemade cake.

To Die For Chocolate Cake

Box of white/yellow cake mix, lowfat, low sugar, etc...
eggs needed for mix
1 pint of dark chocolate ice cream (godiva makes a good one)
whole milk
2-3 ounces each of - white chocolate, good quality dark chocolate, & milk
chocolate
1-2 tsp espresso powder
vanilla
whipping cream
unflavored gelaton (if frosting)
good quality hot chocolate mix (ghiradelli is good)

1. Place clean beaters and metal bowl in freezer for beating cream later.
2. Melt ice cream
3. Measure melted ice cream, if you do not have enough for the liquid/fat
for the cake mix, add whole milk.
4. Combine cake mix, melted ice cream, eggs, espresso powder & 1 teas.
vanilla.
5. Stir in chocolate
6. Bake as stated on box (check about 5 minutes before completion to make
sure you do not over bake).
7. While cake is cooling beat cream to almost stiff peaks. Sprinkle hot
chocolate mix on top and beat in stiff peaks. Chill (If frosting cake,
combine 1 tsp unflavored gelatin with about 1 T hot water and stir to
combine. Whip cream till soft peaks, add gelatin and beat until almost
stiff, beat in hot chocolate mix until stiff)

Enjoy!

"Buddy'sGirl" > wrote in message
. ..
> milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, chocolate with
> strawberies, chocolate with cherry, black forest, death by chocolate,
> triple fudge layer, etc....more specific please - I have WAY too many
> recipes, please let me know what exactly you are looking for.
>

> "Shawn" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Does any one have a chocolate cake recipe.

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Does any one have a chocolate cake recipe.

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

I was thinking down the dark chocolate isle. But the chocolate with
strawberries
is something I never tryed, please send the recipe. I do have a recipe for a
very
good chocolate cake but I am ready different kind

"Buddy'sGirl" > wrote in message
. ..
> milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, chocolate with
> strawberies, chocolate with cherry, black forest, death by chocolate,
> triple fudge layer, etc....more specific please - I have WAY too many
> recipes, please let me know what exactly you are looking for..
>

> "Shawn" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Does any one have a chocolate cake recipe.

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Okay...dark chocolate cake with Strawberries...I went thru all my recipes
and I think the easiest batter to put together (for a beginner) is a cake
recipe I found on about.com

The cake batter I use is slightly different from the norm, I use twice as
much vanilla, use brown sugar and include a little coffee - the vanilla
tends to highten the chocolate while the coffee tends to bring out the
lushness of the chocolate - but not so much coffee that you can taste it.

1. Dark Chocolate Cake

a.. 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, broken into 1/2-ounce pieces
b.. 4 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, softened
c.. 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon cake flour
d.. 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
e.. 1 teaspoon baking soda
f.. 1/2 teaspoon salt
g.. 1 cup plus 4 tablespoons, packed light brown sugar
h.. 2 eggs
i.. 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
j.. 1/2 cup water
k.. 1 tsp instant coffee
l.. 3/4 cup sour cream
m.. ---Granche---
n.. 1-3/4 cups heavy cream
o.. 2 tablespoons sugar
p.. 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
q.. 14 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into 1/2-ounce pieces
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt chocolate in double boiler and let cool

Line cake pan with parchment paper. Butter and cocoa powder the paper. Sift
1 cup flour, the cocoa, baking soda, and salt onto wax paper. Set aside.

Combine the brown sugar and 4 tablespoons butter in the bowl of an electric
mixer fitted with a paddle. Beat on low for 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides
of the bowl, then beat on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Scrape again. Add 1 egg
and beat on high for 15 seconds, scrape again. Add the remaining egg, beat
on high for 15 seconds. Scrape one more time. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
Add the melted chocolate and the vanilla and beat on low for 30 seconds.
Scrape down the bowl one more time.

Heat 1/2 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. With the mixer on low, add
a third of the sifted flour and half the sour cream to the chocolate mixture
and mix for 30 seconds. Add the next third of flour and the rest of the sour
cream and mix again for 30 seconds. Add remaining flour and the water and
mix for 30 seconds. Use a rubber spatula to finish smoothing out the cake
batter.

Spread cake batter into evenly into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven
until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 45 to
50 minutes. Cool cake in the pan for 15 minutes at room temperature. Turn
out onto a cooling rack and keep at room temperature until needed. Wrap in
plastic wrap or foil and refrig until ready to put together.

2. White Chocolate Mousse - based on a Bon Appetit Recipe

1 1/3 cups whole milk
5 ounces white chocolate (misnomer since there is actually no cocoa butter),
chopped
6 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
3 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup chilled whipping cream

1 tsp gelatin melted in 1 tsp water

Bring milk to simmer in heavy medium saucepan. Remove from heat; add
chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. Cool 5 minutes.

Whisk sugar and cornstarch in medium bowl to blend. Add yolks; whisk until
blended (mixture will be thick). Gradually whisk warm chocolate mixture into
yolk mixture until smooth. Return mixture to saucepan. Whisk constantly over
medium heat until mixture thickens and starts to bubble, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat (mixture may look grainy; whisk vigorously until smooth).
Whisk in butter and vanilla. Transfer pastry cream to bowl. Let cool at room
temperature until lukewarm, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Cover
with plastic wrap and chill overnight. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Keep
chilled.) Whip cream until soft peaks, drizzle melted gelatin on top and
whip until stiff. Fold into cooled custard and cover and refrig until ready
to put together

3. Dark Chocolate Buttercream

4 oz gourmet dark chocolate (no more than 75% though), chopped
3 sticks butter, chopped & room temp
6 T milk
1/2-3/4 cup sugar
3 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
6 T cocoa powder

melt chocolate in double boiler.
combine sugar & milk in heavy pan and stir until dissolved until 248 degrees
meanwhile, beat whites until foamy, beat in cream of tartar and beat until
stiff. While still beating slowily add melted sugar then beat about 5-10
mins. Beat in butter a little at a time until thickened and smooth.
beat in cocoa powder, melted chocolate and a pinch of salt

4. Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse

3 large eggs yolks
4 1/2 T sugar
1 1/2 T brown sugar
1 (8-oz) container mascarpone cheese (1 scant cup)
2 oz bittersweet or unsweetened chocolate, melted
1/2 cup chilled heavy cream, whipped stiff

Beat together yolks and sugars. Place in double boiler and stir until just
starts to boil. Remove fro burner and stir in chocolate until melted. Place
wax paper on top and cool slighlty.

Beat cooled mixture until slightly thicken. Add cheese and beat until
combined. Fold in whipped cream, cover and refrig.

5. Strawberries

1 cup chopped strawberries

Slice cooled choclate cake in half and then each half in half (say that
three times fast!)

Place bottom layer on plate or serving tray.
Top with about 1 cup Dark Chocolate Buttercream
Top with 1/3 of chopped strawberries
Place another cake layer on top
Top with White Chocolate Mousse
Top with 1/3 of chopped strawberries
Top with another cake layer
Top with about 1 cup of Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse
Top with remaining chopped strawberries
Place top layer n.of cake on top.

There are a few different ways I finish this cake.
1. slice and plate with additional whipped cream and a chocolate covered
strawberry
2. combine remaining fillings and frost. Make a vanilla sauce, using
orange zest. Place about 2 T of sauce on plate and slice cake and serve on
top.
3. Make a large batch of vanilla custard. When putting cake together start
off by using a slightly larger springform pan and finish with the final
layer of cake upside down. Spoon custard of top and then on sides
(hopefully filling the pan). cover pan and place in frig overni. ght.
4. In morning, place rack over a large cookie sheet with sides or a large
broiler pan. Place cake pan on top and remove sides, letting any remaining
custard fall off. Let sit for awhile. Melt dark chocolate with butter and
pour over top letting drip down side and refrig.

Combine remaining fillings and frost top if desired

"Shawn" > wrote in message
>I was thinking down the dark chocolate isle. But the chocolate with
>strawberries
> is something I never tryed, please send the recipe. I do have a recipe for
> a very
> good chocolate cake but I am ready different kind
>
> "Buddy'sGirl" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, chocolate with
>> strawberies, chocolate with cherry, black forest, death by chocolate,
>> triple fudge layer, etc....more specific please - I have WAY too many
>> recipes, please let me know what exactly you are looking for..
>>

>> "Shawn" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>> Does any one have a chocolate cake recipe.

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

"Shawn" > wrote in message
> Does any one have a chocolate cake recipe.

I suggest a boiled chocolate cake. For taste and texture, they are far superior
to other types.