Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Default ISO Raw Organic Cacao beans

I am looking for a source for raw cacao beans by the 70 kg or so bag.
They need to be organic. Would like to buy directly from the
importer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA - feel free to email (take out NOSPAM)

Devo
Posted to rec.food.chocolate

> wrote in message
>I am looking for a source for raw cacao beans by the 70 kg or so bag.
> They need to be organic. Would like to buy directly from the
> importer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I think you will find that most importers would be hesitant to sell single
bags. In fact, most would be fairly hesitant to send single palates.
(There are generally about 8 bags per palate.) The quantities simply are
too small for them to deal with the paperwork and shipping. You would
probably also get reamed on the shipping.since you only start to save if you
are working with one or more palates at a time. (The shipping can be
amoritized over more pounds and the shipping companies are happier as well.)

Probably not quite what you want to hear but that is the reality of the
situation. Finding that in organic would likely be even more difficult.

-Art

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Thanks,

I am looking for any source at this point importer or further down the
chain. Any help would be appreciated.

Eric

On 16 Feb 2007 19:39:02 -0600, "Art Pollard" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>>I am looking for a source for raw cacao beans by the 70 kg or so bag.
>> They need to be organic. Would like to buy directly from the
>> importer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

>I think you will find that most importers would be hesitant to sell single
>bags. In fact, most would be fairly hesitant to send single palates.
>(There are generally about 8 bags per palate.) The quantities simply are
>too small for them to deal with the paperwork and shipping. You would
>probably also get reamed on the shipping.since you only start to save if you
>are working with one or more palates at a time. (The shipping can be
>amoritized over more pounds and the shipping companies are happier as well.)
>
>Probably not quite what you want to hear but that is the reality of the
>situation. Finding that in organic would likely be even more difficult.
>
>-Art

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 10:15:27 , wrote

> Thanks,
>
> I am looking for any source at this point importer or further down the
> chain. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Eric

I think you might google up Rainbow Grocery in San Francisco
California and they might be able to help you as they sell consumer
size packages and small amounts of bulk organic cocoa beans in their
store. Not cheap though at consumer level.

> On 16 Feb 2007 19:39:02 -0600, "Art Pollard" >
> wrote:
> >
> > wrote in message
> .. .
> >>I am looking for a source for raw cacao beans by the 70 kg or so bag.
> >> They need to be organic. Would like to buy directly from the
> >> importer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

> >I think you will find that most importers would be hesitant to sell single
> >bags. In fact, most would be fairly hesitant to send single palates.
> >(There are generally about 8 bags per palate.) The quantities simply are
> >too small for them to deal with the paperwork and shipping. You would
> >probably also get reamed on the shipping.since you only start to save if you
> >are working with one or more palates at a time. (The shipping can be
> >amoritized over more pounds and the shipping companies are happier as well.)
> >
> >Probably not quite what you want to hear but that is the reality of the
> >situation. Finding that in organic would likely be even more difficult.
> >
> >-Art

later
bliss -- C O C O A Powered... (at california dot com)

--
bobbie sellers - a retired nurse in San Francisco

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of cocoa that the thoughts acquire speed,
the thighs acquire girth, the girth become a warning.
It is by theobromine alone I set my mind in motion."
--from Someone else's Dune spoof ripped to my taste.