Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Default african beer

I recently traveled to Ghana, West Africa, and have been looking for a
place to buy their beer here in the United States. I'm specifically
looking for Star Beer. Has anyone seen any?

I live in Central Virginia.

Thanks for the tips!

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

"Art" > eats posts like this for lunch
oups.com:

> I recently traveled to Ghana, West Africa, and have been looking for a
> place to buy their beer here in the United States. I'm specifically
> looking for Star Beer. Has anyone seen any?
>
> I live in Central Virginia.

The only African beer I can recall seeing at all in VA (used to live
there until last summer) was Tusker out of Kenya. That being said,
pretty much every hot weather country lager tastes about the same, so
give Tusker a try.
Dan Iwerks didn’t know it was your mother.
The fundamental problem with Solipsism is it makes me
responsible for the fact that you’re a complete idiot.
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Has anybody here ever done a blind tasting, with things like Tusker, Singha,
Corona, Tsing Tao, Red Stripe, et. al.? Even Spanish or Italian beers could
probably be lumped in (not to mention Heineken)--and I wonder if anybody
could identify meaningful differences besides how skunky each one of them
has gotten from being transported over impossible distance into shelf-life
twilight zone. But people going to Chinese restaurants rave about the
marvelous Tsing Tao and how it complements the cuisine (substitute other
ethnic restaurants and their respective beer brands here). But I imagine
there's nothing wrong with being sentimental (not that I would know :0o ).
Maybe liquor stores could just have different labels that they could paste
onto a fresh lager with a shading of hops from Huber brewery to keep us
happy :>