Tim

Default Home Brew Equipment (UK)

Hi all,

I am looking for a simple and cheap homebrew kit here in the UK. I
have seen Mr Beer has a UK website. Are there any alternatives?

Any opinions on how good these things are?

I am just dipping my feet in this area, so am not looking to spend more
than =A350 as an initial outlay.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Tim

The Submarine Captain

Tim a écrit :

>Hi all,
>
>I am looking for a simple and cheap homebrew kit here in the UK. I
>have seen Mr Beer has a UK website. Are there any alternatives?
>
>Any opinions on how good these things are?

By "kit", do you mean the gear, vessels etc., or just the malt extract
thing ?

The latter clearly makes the difference between a poor homebrew and a
half-decent one ;o). In the UK, you should be able to get Muntons Kits,
which clearly are among the best on the market, being "all-malt" (ie. no
cheap adjuncts). qv. http://www.muntons.com/homebeer/default.asp

Another point is that, with a minimal initial investment, you can only
brew ales, ie. british and belgian styles. No chance to brew a decent
lager without cooling gear => start with a bitter / pale ale / witbier /
abbey or sth on those lines.

Cheers !

Laurent

--
Warning : you may encounter French language beyond this point.

J'entends la victuaille qui grommelle ? Qu'est-ce qu'elle a à grommeler, la victuaille ?
(F'murrr)

Laurent Mousson, Berne, Switzerland
The Submarine Captain

home brew... osterage72 General 0 22-11-2008 12:31 PM
home brew osterage72 Winemaking 0 22-11-2008 12:27 PM
Which home brew kit do you have and why? john doe Beer 15 06-12-2006 02:19 PM
Home Brew [email protected] Beer 7 05-05-2005 03:14 PM
Duvel: tastes like home brew bruce phipps Beer 3 24-12-2003 07:14 PM