bruce phipps

Default Duvel: tastes like home brew

Tried a bottle of Duvel last night.
Is it supposed to be so cloudy? Or do you have to store & pour it carefully?
Not impressed -- tasted like cheap home brew.

Bruce
Bill Benzel

bruce phipps ) wrote:
: Tried a bottle of Duvel last night.
: Is it supposed to be so cloudy? Or do you have to store & pour it carefully?
: Not impressed -- tasted like cheap home brew.
:

It is bottle conditioned so if you pour the entire bottle you'll get the
conditioning yeast in your glass. Some of us like it that way.

Duvel should be a slow pour just because of the high level of carbonation.
If you were able to pout quickly without serious overflowing head you had
an improperly capped bottle.

--
Bill

reply to sirwill1 AT same domain as above
Brian Lundeen

"bruce phipps" > wrote in message
m...
> Tried a bottle of Duvel last night.
> Is it supposed to be so cloudy? Or do you have to store & pour it

carefully?
> Not impressed -- tasted like cheap home brew.

You don't know anything about homebrew. Go to rec.crafts.brewing and make
that statement. Dare ya. ;-)

Brian

MikeMcG

"Brian Lundeen" > wrote in message >...
> "bruce phipps" > wrote in message
> m...
> > Tried a bottle of Duvel last night.
> > Is it supposed to be so cloudy? Or do you have to store & pour it

> carefully?
> > Not impressed -- tasted like cheap home brew.
> >

> You don't know anything about homebrew. Go to rec.crafts.brewing and make
> that statement. Dare ya. ;-)

if his cheap homebrew tastes like Duvel he's not doing so bad!?

:~)

& just in case you (OP) haven't got it yet - Duvel is a world class
beer - a Belgian strong golden ale, bottle-conditioned & beautiful
& yes, I would pour it without the yeast
MikeMcG

home brew... osterage72 General 0 22-11-2008 01:31 PM
home brew osterage72 Winemaking 0 22-11-2008 01:27 PM
Which home brew kit do you have and why? john doe Beer 15 06-12-2006 03:19 PM
Home Brew [email protected] Beer 7 05-05-2005 03:14 PM
Home Brew Equipment (UK) Tim Beer 2 14-12-2004 09:10 PM