wallster

Default NY Keg law sucks, voice your displeasure to the nitwit who sponsored it!!!

"Sponsored by state Sen. Pat McGee (R-Franklinville), and by
Assemblyman Richard Brodsky (D-White Plains), the bill calls for
mandatory $75 deposits on all keg purchases. It also mandates that
every keg carry a registration sticker".

Well this bill became a law, and now if you live in NY and you keep a
keg on tap, you have to pay a $75.00 deposit along with filling out a
bunch of paperwork. If you cant finish that keg and return it within
30 days, say goodbye to your deposit. This only hurts the honest tax
paying draft beer drinkers and no one else.
I am asking anyone who is effected by this ridicules "feel good"
legislation to email Patricia McGee at
http://www.senatormcgee.com/send_email.asp and share your displeasure
with this bullshit.

Thanks for your support.
walt

ps. below is a link to an article that was published in The Buffalo
News
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...06/1048752.asp
VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG

In article >, (wallster) writes:
>"Sponsored by state Sen. Pat McGee (R-Franklinville), and by
>Assemblyman Richard Brodsky (D-White Plains), the bill calls for
>mandatory $75 deposits on all keg purchases. It also mandates that
>every keg carry a registration sticker".
>
>Well this bill became a law, and now if you live in NY and you keep a
>keg on tap, you have to pay a $75.00 deposit along with filling out a
>bunch of paperwork. If you cant finish that keg and return it within
>30 days, say goodbye to your deposit. This only hurts the honest tax
>paying draft beer drinkers and no one else.
>I am asking anyone who is effected by this ridicules "feel good"
>legislation to email Patricia McGee at

http://www.senatormcgee.com/send_email.asp and share your displeasure
>with this bullshit.
>
>Thanks for your support.
>walt

>ps. below is a link to an article that was published in The Buffalo
>News
>http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...06/1048752.asp

I'm residing in NJ at present. I have Guinness on draught in my home.
I have never put down a deposit on the keg. I typically call the local
Spirits and tell them I need a new keg and they order it. It takes one
or two days to get in the new order. In that time, I have decoupled my
empty keg and I drop it off so that it can go back to Guinness with the
delivery of my new keg. They never ask about deposit, probably because
I'm a good customer and a serious Guinness drinker, not a Coor-lite and
picnic tap partier.

Even though I do enjoy my Guinness every day, it takes more than a month
to finish it. Even drinking three pints a day wouldn't purge its contents
that quickly and domestic kegs hold even more than a Guinness keg.

Anyway, good luck with your petitioning.

--
http://www.legacy-2000.com for the best OpenVMS system security solutions.

wallster

> I'm residing in NJ at present. I have Guinness on draught in my home.
> I have never put down a deposit on the keg. I typically call the local
> Spirits and tell them I need a new keg and they order it. It takes one
> or two days to get in the new order. In that time, I have decoupled my
> empty keg and I drop it off so that it can go back to Guinness with the
> delivery of my new keg. They never ask about deposit, probably because
> I'm a good customer and a serious Guinness drinker, not a Coor-lite and
> picnic tap partier.
>
> Even though I do enjoy my Guinness every day, it takes more than a month
> to finish it. Even drinking three pints a day wouldn't purge its contents
> that quickly and domestic kegs hold even more than a Guinness keg.
>
> Anyway, good luck with your petitioning.

I hope they dont propose this in NJ next, these keg registrations have
been enacted in over twenty states already. If the major reason for
this law is to make the person who actually purchases the keg
responsible for it's drinkers (ie minors that get an adult to purchase
kegs for parties) they simply should put registration numbers stamped
on the keg that coincide with the registered purchaser of the keg,
problem solved. If that didn't work, the current law will not. It's
simply a poorly written law as far as guidelines are concerned.
thanks for your support,
walt
ps. I'll be by next week for a draft, my keg will be empty by then!
VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG

In article >, (wallster) writes:
{...snip...}
>I hope they dont propose this in NJ next, these keg registrations have

Me too!

>been enacted in over twenty states already. If the major reason for
>this law is to make the person who actually purchases the keg
>responsible for it's drinkers (ie minors that get an adult to purchase
>kegs for parties) they simply should put registration numbers stamped
>on the keg that coincide with the registered purchaser of the keg,
>problem solved. If that didn't work, the current law will not. It's
>simply a poorly written law as far as guidelines are concerned.
>thanks for your support,
>walt

More progressive hypocracy in the works. Taxing the beer drinker as
a way to stop under age drinking, yeah right! I don't know about you
but when I grew up, we didn't get kegs for under age parties! Also,
Pennsylvania's drinking age was 21 years and NJ's was 18 back when I
was not of the legal age in Penna. We simply drove across the border
to NJ and purchased alcohol. No tax was going to stop that.

In addition, if this tax -- sorry... deposit -- is forfeit after 30
days, it is not contributing to responsible drinking. It seems to
me that it is promoting heavier drinking so that $75 is not forfeit.
Guinness already costs me $130+tax. Another $75 will put it over
$200.

>ps. I'll be by next week for a draft, my keg will be empty by then!

You'd be welcome for sure! If they enact this in NJ, I'll need all
sorts of drinking buddies! Yeap. Come by, drink, drive home.
That's certainly not what this deposit is all about now or is it?
Perhaps, it's just some new way to help feed all of those starving
law(lie)yers out there. We'll all be getting more friendly with a
law(lie)yer with all of the DWI offenses this law could promote. ;(

Not to sound callous but any state that could elect Hillary Clinton,
a progressive neo-socialst, to congress shouldn't be too surprised
by such taxes and other gov't revenue enhancement programs.

--
http://www.legacy-2000.com for the best OpenVMS system security solutions.

Robert Casey

Looks like sales of cases of cans of beer will go up.....

VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG

In article >, Robert Casey > writes:
>Looks like sales of cases of cans of beer will go up.....

Where can the verbage if this new law be found?

--
http://www.legacy-2000.com for the best OpenVMS system security solutions.