Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Default Crazy Ed's Chili beer

Did the brewery go out of business? I hope not

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

E2out wrote:

> Did the brewery go out of business? I hope not

The brewery is closed. No great loss.

The Chili Beer is now contract brewed in Mexico, and is as crappy a
gimmick as it ever was.
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Not to be contrary, but as I understand it, the brewery MAY have gone out of
business, but the beer is brewed for bottling (only) in Minnesota (Black
Rock Brewery?)

Supposedly, there still is The Satisfied Frog Restaurant (and brewery) in
Cave Creek, Arizona, where the whole Crazy Ed's thing got started. Beer
brewed there is for consumption on premises in the restaurant only.

I don't believe that it is or ever was contract brewed in Mexico, but maybe
someone who lives in the area can confirm where it comes from currently.

Personally, I don't consider it a brew that is either "crappy" or "a
gimmick." It goes quite pleasantly with a plate of enchiladas, carne asada,
or even a lowly bowl of "crappy" canned chili. It is "unique" and
"different", but not "a gimmick."

On 8/26/08 9:13 AM, in article ,
"dai.gea/isss+0nhe.3hrree/zer0_zer0_"
> wrote:

> E2out wrote:
>
>> Did the brewery go out of business? I hope not

> The brewery is closed. No great loss.
>
> The Chili Beer is now contract brewed in Mexico, and is as crappy a
> gimmick as it ever was.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Guy Kudlemyer wrote:

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

> On 8/26/08 9:13 AM, in article ,
> "dai.gea/isss+0nhe.3hrree/zer0_zer0_"
> > wrote:
>
>>E2out wrote:
>>
>>>Did the brewery go out of business? I hope not
>>>

>>The brewery is closed. No great loss.
>>
>>The Chili Beer is now contract brewed in Mexico, and is as crappy a
>>gimmick as it ever was.

> Not to be contrary,

he said, being contrary,

> but as I understand it, the brewery MAY have gone out of
> business, but the beer is brewed for bottling (only) in Minnesota (Black
> Rock Brewery?)

One of us checked the web site. One of us didn't.
http://www.chilibeer.com/

> Supposedly, there still is The Satisfied Frog Restaurant (and brewery) in
> Cave Creek, Arizona, where the whole Crazy Ed's thing got started. Beer
> brewed there is for consumption on premises in the restaurant only.

Again: One of us checked the web site. One of us didn't.
http://www.satisfiedfrog.com/

> I don't believe that it is or ever was contract brewed in Mexico, but maybe
> someone who lives in the area can confirm where it comes from currently.

One of us checked the web site. One of us didn't.
http://www.chilibeer.com/

> Personally, I don't consider it a brew that is either "crappy" or "a
> gimmick." It goes quite pleasantly with a plate of enchiladas, carne asada,
> or even a lowly bowl of "crappy" canned chili. It is "unique" and
> "different", but not "a gimmick."

It's crappy. It's a gimmick. Never again. It goes pleasantly with the
drain, as it gurgles down the sink. A michelada goes way, way, waaaay
better with enchiladas, carne asada, taquitos, chalupas, lengua con
salsa verde, etc.
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

I totally agree I loved the beer and applaud the brewery for making
something great tasting and different.

"Guy Kudlemyer" > wrote in message
> Not to be contrary, but as I understand it, the brewery MAY have gone out

of
> business, but the beer is brewed for bottling (only) in Minnesota (Black
> Rock Brewery?)
>
> Supposedly, there still is The Satisfied Frog Restaurant (and brewery) in
> Cave Creek, Arizona, where the whole Crazy Ed's thing got started. Beer
> brewed there is for consumption on premises in the restaurant only.
>
> I don't believe that it is or ever was contract brewed in Mexico, but

maybe
> someone who lives in the area can confirm where it comes from currently.
>
> Personally, I don't consider it a brew that is either "crappy" or "a
> gimmick." It goes quite pleasantly with a plate of enchiladas, carne

asada,
> or even a lowly bowl of "crappy" canned chili. It is "unique" and
> "different", but not "a gimmick."
>

> On 8/26/08 9:13 AM, in article ,
> "dai.gea/isss+0nhe.3hrree/zer0_zer0_"
> > wrote:
>
> > E2out wrote:
> >
> >> Did the brewery go out of business? I hope not

> > The brewery is closed. No great loss.
> >
> > The Chili Beer is now contract brewed in Mexico, and is as crappy a
> > gimmick as it ever was.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Maybe there should be a age limit on the lower side for having a 'puter

"yaeedyaeegiisss" > wrote
in message ...
> Guy Kudlemyer wrote:
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.
>
> > On 8/26/08 9:13 AM, in article ,
> > "dai.gea/isss+0nhe.3hrree/zer0_zer0_"
> > > wrote:

> >>The brewery is closed. No great loss.
> >>
> >>The Chili Beer is now contract brewed in Mexico, and is as crappy a
> >>gimmick as it ever was.

> > Not to be contrary,

> he said, being contrary,
>
> > but as I understand it, the brewery MAY have gone out of
> > business, but the beer is brewed for bottling (only) in Minnesota (Black
> > Rock Brewery?)

> One of us checked the web site. One of us didn't.

http://www.chilibeer.com/

> > Supposedly, there still is The Satisfied Frog Restaurant (and brewery)

in
> > Cave Creek, Arizona, where the whole Crazy Ed's thing got started. Beer
> > brewed there is for consumption on premises in the restaurant only.

> Again: One of us checked the web site. One of us didn't.
> http://www.satisfiedfrog.com/
>
> > I don't believe that it is or ever was contract brewed in Mexico, but

maybe
> > someone who lives in the area can confirm where it comes from currently.

> One of us checked the web site. One of us didn't.
> http://www.chilibeer.com/
>
> > Personally, I don't consider it a brew that is either "crappy" or "a
> > gimmick." It goes quite pleasantly with a plate of enchiladas, carne

asada,
> > or even a lowly bowl of "crappy" canned chili. It is "unique" and
> > "different", but not "a gimmick."

> It's crappy. It's a gimmick. Never again. It goes pleasantly with the
> drain, as it gurgles down the sink. A michelada goes way, way, waaaay
> better with enchiladas, carne asada, taquitos, chalupas, lengua con
> salsa verde, etc.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

E2out wrote:

> Maybe there should be a age limit on the lower side for having a 'puter

Because if there was one, they'd take yours away?

Maybe there should be a "willing to drink crappy beer" limit for owning
a computer.