Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Default Miller's Bitter Beer Face

By Dimitri Vassilaros
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, September 10, 2006

Schlitz is "The Beer That Made Milwaukee Famous." The Miller Brewing
Co. is making Milwaukee infamous. London, too. That's where SABMiller,
the second-largest brewery company in the world by volume, is based.
Should foreign companies such as SABMiller influence American public
policy? Organizers of the nationwide boycott of Miller products,
including Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite and Mickey's Malt Liquor,
don't think so -- especially when a London-based international
conglomerate is bankrolling organizations that demand amnesty and
citizenship for illegal aliens in this once-sovereign nation.

Boycotters, "This Bud's for You."

Miller has been handing out tens of thousands of pesos, um, dollars to
militant organizations, such as the more than $30,000 for planning,
materials and advertising for the Labor Day "Immigrant Workers Justice
Walk" in Chicago, reports the Chicago Tribune.

Miller did not reply to the calls and e-mail from this column
requesting comment.

"The money supported a recent convention on immigration issues in
Chicago, which provided attendees with information on how to become
legally naturalized citizens of the U.S.," said Miller spokesman Peter
Marino in the Tribune story. Walk organizers said they wanted officials
to pay attention to the contributions of undocumented immigrants and
change laws so that all immigrants can be legalized.

Boycotters, Coors is "Brewed with Pure Rocky Mountain Spring Water."

More than 100 groups that believe that immigration laws should be
enforced, including the ones prohibiting employers from hiring, aiding
and abetting illegal aliens, are involved in the national boycott of
Miller Brewing Co. and parent company SABMiller.

Since Miller Brewing Co. supports illegal immigration by giving money
to groups supporting amnesty, marches and benefits for illegal aliens,
Americans are encouraged to "Dump the beer! Dump the stock!" Please go
online -- www.MillerBoycott.com -- for more information and, of course,
petitions.

Miller issued a statement that was as stunningly stupid as it was
self-serving.

"Miller Brewing Company does not support illegal immigration or any
other unlawful act. We do support a public policy discussion that will
lead to a clear path to legal naturalization for people who meet the
requirements for U.S. citizenship. We also oppose any legislation that
would unfairly and unjustly seek to constrain immigration. (Emphasis
added)

"We are part of an international company with employees from around the
world. We support the free movement of people, labor, goods and
services in the global economy with appropriate protections for the
rights of individuals and families, the security of nations and the
diversity that contributes to a rich and productive society.

"Miller is active in helping immigrants learn how to become legally
naturalized citizens of the U.S., through programs like the Miller Lite
Immigration Forum in Texas ... ."

In other words, the London-based company believes that defenseless
borders are good for the beer business -- at least defenseless American
borders. And the foreign-owned company is helping illegals become
Americans. The new Miller company slogan should be "Nothing you always
wanted in a beer. And less."

Boycotters, Iron City Beer says "Pump an Iron."

Dimitri Vassilaros is a Trib editorial page columnist. His column
appears Sundays, Mondays and Fridays. Call him at 412-380-5637. E-mail
him at .

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

tomkanpa a écrit :

>By Dimitri Vassilaros
>TRIBUNE-REVIEW
>Sunday, September 10, 2006
>
>Schlitz is "The Beer That Made Milwaukee Famous." The Miller Brewing
>Co. is making Milwaukee infamous. London, too. That's where SABMiller,
>the second-largest brewery company in the world by volume, is based.
>Should foreign companies such as SABMiller influence American public
>policy? [...]

<LOL>
Truly hilarious piece, brilliant parody, thanks !

--
Warning : you may encounter French language beyond this point.

Ptikondkabot, va !!!
(F'murrr)

Laurent Mousson, Berne, Switzerland
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Tom, I wouldn't give an ounce of thought to any editorial opinion by this
writer.
ps.com...