Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default hillbilly joke

Eddie wrote:
> A hillbilly couple, TFM and kili, had 9 children.They went to the
> doctor to see about getting the husband "fixed." The doctor gladly
> started the required procedure and asked them what finally made them
> make that decision; why after nine children, would they choose to do
> this.
>
> The husband replied that they had read in a recent article that one
> out of every ten children being born in North America was Mexican, and
> they didn't want a Mexican baby because neither of them could speak
> Spanish.
>
> Eddie

When I wake up on a Sunday morning with a hangover and read something
like this it makes it all worthwhile.

Still chuckling....

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 30-Apr-2006, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?TFM=AE?= > wrote:

> Eddie wrote:
> > A hillbilly couple, TFM and kili, had 9 children.They went to the
> > doctor to see about getting the husband "fixed." The doctor gladly
> > started the required procedure and asked them what finally made them
> > make that decision; why after nine children, would they choose to do
> > this.
> >
> > The husband replied that they had read in a recent article that one
> > out of every ten children being born in North America was Mexican, and
> > they didn't want a Mexican baby because neither of them could speak
> > Spanish.
> >
> > Eddie

> When I wake up on a Sunday morning with a hangover and read something
> like this it makes it all worthwhile.
>
> Still chuckling....
>
> --
> TFM®

I subscribe to a daily jokes list and sporadically send them out to my
friends,
but this one is by far and away the best that I have seen in a long time.
--
Brick(Tired of paddling...Shopping for a motor)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default [OT] hillbilly joke

An American crossed the border into Mexico to spend the day. Somewhere
along the way he lost his passport.

Upon attempting to re-enter the US, the customs officer refused to allow
him entry. He tried to convince the guy he was an American, but to no
avail.

Finally he stated; I can prove it! I've got Reagan tattooed on one butt
cheek and Clinton on the other. Surely only an American would consider
tattooing two American pres's to their body!

The customs office said Prove It!

The guy dropped his drawers, spun around, and bent over.

The customs office was convinced and let him enter.

He also stated that Massachusetts was "that direction" and to have nice
trip home.

The guy, very puzzled, said, "How'd you know I was from Massachusetts?

Well, you've got Reagan on the left cheek, Clinton on the other, and
Teddy Kennedy in the middle!

(If you lean left, change Kennedy to Gingrich or something!)

;-)

--
Better living through smoking.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Eddie wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:49:13 GMT, TFM® >
> wrote:
>

>>Eddie wrote:
>>
>>>A hillbilly couple, TFM and kili, had 9 children.They went to the
>>>doctor to see about getting the husband "fixed." The doctor gladly
>>>started the required procedure and asked them what finally made them
>>>make that decision; why after nine children, would they choose to do
>>>this.
>>>
>>>The husband replied that they had read in a recent article that one
>>>out of every ten children being born in North America was Mexican, and
>>>they didn't want a Mexican baby because neither of them could speak
>>>Spanish.
>>>
>>>Eddie

>>When I wake up on a Sunday morning with a hangover and read something
>>like this it makes it all worthwhile.
>>
>>Still chuckling....

> Love your sense of humor TFM. For a second after sending the post I
> kinda thought, hmm, maybe he won't like it, especially since kili is a
> Maui girl, far from being a hillbilly.
> Glad it helped a little my friend.
> Eddie

Kili and her Maui ways.....

It's evident to me that Pacific islanders have the same sense of
hospitality that is so common in the rural south.

Hence the message you'll get if you call here when we're not home....

"Howdy, you've reached the Hawaiian Hillbillies.....etc.."

--
TFM® - Phone number available on request.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Heavy_Smoker wrote:
> An American crossed the border into Mexico to spend the day. Somewhere
> along the way he lost his passport.
>
> Upon attempting to re-enter the US, the customs officer refused to allow
> him entry. He tried to convince the guy he was an American, but to no
> avail.
>
> Finally he stated; I can prove it! I've got Reagan tattooed on one butt
> cheek and Clinton on the other. Surely only an American would consider
> tattooing two American pres's to their body!
>
> The customs office said Prove It!
>
> The guy dropped his drawers, spun around, and bent over.
>
> The customs office was convinced and let him enter.
>
> He also stated that Massachusetts was "that direction" and to have nice
> trip home.
>
> The guy, very puzzled, said, "How'd you know I was from Massachusetts?
>
> Well, you've got Reagan on the left cheek, Clinton on the other, and
> Teddy Kennedy in the middle!
>
> (If you lean left, change Kennedy to Gingrich or something!)
>
> ;-)

Older joke, and better IMNSHO

The barmaid went to the tattoo parlor to get Elvis' face on her hip
beside her beaver.

When it was finished, she liked it so much she wanted a duplicate on the
other side.

Next night at work she was so excited she just had to show somebody.

Only customer in the bar was me (You can insert any old drunk here)

So she showed me her 2 new tats and asked if I could identify who was
portrayed there.

I looked left, looked right, and finally said, "M'aam, I don't know who
them twins are, but that's Willy Nelson in the middle!"

--
TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Eddie wrote:
> On Mon, 01 May 2006 01:30:32 GMT, TFM® >
> wrote:
>

>>Kili and her Maui ways.....
>>
>>It's evident to me that Pacific islanders have the same sense of
>>hospitality that is so common in the rural south.
>>
>>Hence the message you'll get if you call here when we're not home....
>>
>>"Howdy, you've reached the Hawaiian Hillbillies.....etc.."

> LOL, first time I've heard that expression - Hawaiian Hillbillies -
> Hey TFM, while I'm replying, got a quickie for 'ya.
> You use a lot of garlic in your cooking?

I use a lot of cooking in my garlic.

> Reason I ask is the other night Lucille made a batch of great eating
> beef stew. It so happened that earlier in the evening I had gone to
> see my Sharks kick butt against Nashville. Next to me sat a guy who
> had just bought some garlic fries. Man they smelled good! But there
> was no strong odor of garlic in the stew. When I asked Lucille if she
> had used garlic she said yes. I asked how much? She said about 6 to
> 8 cloves. Now I'm thinking, I wonder if that was enough as there was
> hardly any hint of garlic in the stew. So my question to you, how
> much is too much, or too little? The stew was for about 5 to 6
> servings. I was thinking about one whole head of garlic. I don't
> want to overdo it, so is this about right? Too little? Too much?
> And just how do you add garlic? Crushed, juiced, etc?
> Whatcha think?
> Thanks
> Eddie

There is no such thing as too much garlic in anything.

I use good garlic powder (granulated) mostly, but when I use the real
deal I just smash it with the side of the cleaver and rough chop it.

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

TFM® > wrote:
> Eddie wrote:
> > On Mon, 01 May 2006 01:30:32 GMT, TFM® >
> >

> I use a lot of cooking in my garlic.
>
> > Reason I ask is the other night Lucille made a batch of great eating
> > beef stew. It so happened that earlier in the evening I had gone to
> > see my Sharks kick butt against Nashville. Next to me sat a guy who
> > had just bought some garlic fries. Man they smelled good! But there
> > was no strong odor of garlic in the stew. When I asked Lucille if she
> > had used garlic she said yes. I asked how much? She said about 6 to
> > 8 cloves. Now I'm thinking, I wonder if that was enough as there was
> > hardly any hint of garlic in the stew. So my question to you, how
> > much is too much, or too little? The stew was for about 5 to 6
> > servings. I was thinking about one whole head of garlic. I don't
> > want to overdo it, so is this about right? Too little? Too much?
> > And just how do you add garlic? Crushed, juiced, etc?
> > Whatcha think?
> > Thanks
> > Eddie

> There is no such thing as too much garlic in anything.
>
> I use good garlic powder (granulated) mostly, but when I use the real
> deal I just smash it with the side of the cleaver and rough chop it.

Yup. I thought I useta use a lot of garlic. Then I married Jun. She uses a
LOT of garlic! Now I use about 10 times what I used to.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Eddie wrote:
> On 01 May 2006 04:00:46 GMT, wrote:
>

>>TFM® > wrote:

>>>I use a lot of cooking in my garlic.
>>>

>>>There is no such thing as too much garlic in anything.
>>>
>>>I use good garlic powder (granulated) mostly, but when I use the real
>>>deal I just smash it with the side of the cleaver and rough chop it.

>>Yup. I thought I useta use a lot of garlic. Then I married Jun. She uses a
>>LOT of garlic! Now I use about 10 times what I used to.

> OK guys, next batch will try one head.
> btw, I asked Lucille what she used. She said she uses a molcajete. I
> suggested a garlic press. Nope, she won't use anything except that
> molcajete my father gave my mother in 1936.
> Eddie

All garlic is not created equal. Most stupidmarket garlic is
of the softneck type. (Lots of rows around the center)
Hardneck (hard stem in the middle and one row of "toes"
around the outside) typically tends to be somewhat stronger.
There are literally hundreds of different types of garlic.
If she put 6 or 8 in and it still was very mild, it's
possible that you have elephant garlic, which really isn't
garlic - it's a variant of the leek and usually has very
large "toes".

We like hot/strong varieties so I grow German White and
German Red. If you would have used 6-8 toes of mine the
stew would have been basically un-eatable, and we like
garlic which is kinda obvious by the fact that I grow it
every year. ;-)

Check around in your area for farmers markets or depending
on where you live, there may even be a local garlic farm in
your area. It's very simple to grow. If you'd like some to
plant this fall, file my email address and shoot me a note
around the first of September. I go to a local garlic
festival each year to get mine to plant. Here in the NE US
you plant just before the weather is going to snap cold,
usually in October and harvest in late June or July.

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 01 May 2006 15:01:46 -0400, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

>Eddie wrote:

>>>Yup. I thought I useta use a lot of garlic. Then I married Jun. She uses a
>>>LOT of garlic! Now I use about 10 times what I used to.

>> OK guys, next batch will try one head.
>> btw, I asked Lucille what she used. She said she uses a molcajete. I
>> suggested a garlic press. Nope, she won't use anything except that
>> molcajete my father gave my mother in 1936.
>> Eddie
>>

>All garlic is not created equal. Most stupidmarket garlic is
>of the softneck type. (Lots of rows around the center)
>Hardneck (hard stem in the middle and one row of "toes"
>around the outside) typically tends to be somewhat stronger.
>There are literally hundreds of different types of garlic.
>If she put 6 or 8 in and it still was very mild, it's
>possible that you have elephant garlic, which really isn't
>garlic - it's a variant of the leek and usually has very
>large "toes".
>
>We like hot/strong varieties . . . and we like
>garlic which is kinda obvious by the fact that I grow it
>every year. ;-

> Here in the NE US
>you plant just before the weather is going to snap cold,
>usually in October and harvest in late June or July.

I grow garlic, shallots, leek, & chives [and just a few onions]. I
buy most of my onions.

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Eddie wrote:

> Wow, almost all you wanted to know about garlic. And here I live just
> a few miles from the Garlic Capitol of the World, Gilroy. I have been
> in this same house for 30 years and have never been to the garlic
> festival held every July.
> I guess I gotta go now to learn more about garlic.
> Thanks for the info
> Eddie

lol, you're welcome. But, what's this crap about you living
by Gilroy and never gone to the festival?!? Shamie shamie on
you. ;-)

We have one which is pretty big every September. Nowhere
near as big as Gilroy but still pretty big. We go every year
and walk around pigging out for a few hours. Last year I
even got brave enough to try the garlic ice cream and
believe it or not, it was very good. Of course, after all of
the other garlic foods I'd eaten, my taste buds could have
just been overwhelmed. ;-)

Once you start growing your own, you'll never want to go
back to store bought. Although, I'd think living that close
to Gilroy, you should be able to find a local farmers market
with good stuff pretty easily.

--
Steve

hillbilly joke TFM® Barbecue 3 04-05-2006 12:23 AM
hillbilly joke Sonoran Dude Barbecue 0 30-04-2006 07:23 PM