Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Cleaning the WSM

I wanted to start fresh with my WSM and decided to give it a good
cleaning. After looking at the inside I tried to figure out the best
way. I decided to get a Shark Ultra Steam Blaster (that I've wanted for
a while anyway). This thing was unbelievable on the smoker (and my
kitchen floor). Here are before and after pictures of the lid, it took
me all but 15 minutes and it's like new again.

http://community.webshots.com/album/549493802apAEAu

Now I get to have the fun of "seasoning" it all over again....but keep
up with a little cleaning this time.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

So, when are you coming over to clean my kettle?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

bglass wrote:
> I wanted to start fresh with my WSM and decided to give it a good
> cleaning. After looking at the inside I tried to figure out the best
> way. I decided to get a Shark Ultra Steam Blaster (that I've wanted for
> a while anyway). This thing was unbelievable on the smoker (and my
> kitchen floor). Here are before and after pictures of the lid, it took
> me all but 15 minutes and it's like new again.

Pretty cool. I don't know if anyone else has had this happen, but I
had red flakes come off of my lid once and get on the meat. Since then
I've been cleaning the lid each time, but not as well as your steam
cleaner.

- Bobby

cleaning Somebody General Cooking 6 05-10-2012 08:37 PM
Used cleaning product in self-cleaning oven - now what? Peter Lampione General Cooking 26 25-01-2007 02:41 PM
Cleaning the mop. [email protected] General Cooking 19 19-02-2005 02:16 AM
Cleaning up ypauls General Cooking 15 01-03-2004 04:10 AM
Cleaning a self-cleaning oven limey General Cooking 18 27-10-2003 05:54 AM