Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default How Ribeye's are Marketed

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message

> I ordered two Choice "ribeyes" 1.5" thick ($14/lb). When I got
> home I noticed these were from the large end as opposed to the
> small end, which really got me mad as I always insist on the small
> ends.

Very expensive if they are mystery meat. I don't know about regulations,
bust more important, how were the steaks? At that price they should have
been excellent.

I buy whole piece from BJ's and pay about $6 a pound with about 10% loss on
trimming.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In alt.food.barbecue, Edwin Pawlowski > wrote:

> I buy whole piece from BJ's and pay about $6 a pound with about 10% loss on
> trimming.

Me too. USDA Choice, good selection.

And my son really enjoys cutting it up with the big butcher's knife.

--
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
--Edward R. Murrow