Posted to alt.food.barbecue
MonopTN

Default Remote Thermometer suggestions

Which remote thermometer do you all use? I am looking for one that can
give me a meat reading, and a grill temp reading.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg

MonopTN wrote:

> Which remote thermometer do you all use? I am looking for one that can
> give me a meat reading, and a grill temp reading.

Good:

Maverick. Though I have some opinions on what they could do
to improve their design, I've found them to be reliable.
Their claim of a 100 ft range is pretty "optimistic" though. In
real life you'll probably get about 50.

Bad:

Radio Shack. Broke within an hour. Was cheerfully replaced
by RS personnel, then broke again within a few hours.

Oregon Scientific: Broke within about 5 uses.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Heavy_Smoker

Reg said

> MonopTN wrote:
>
>> Which remote thermometer do you all use? I am looking for one
>> that can give me a meat reading, and a grill temp reading.

> Good:
>
> Maverick. Though I have some opinions on what they could do
> to improve their design, I've found them to be reliable.
> Their claim of a 100 ft range is pretty "optimistic" though. In
> real life you'll probably get about 50.

I second the Maverick

http://tinyurl.com/ddbcs

--
Better living through smoking.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dan Krueger

Heavy_Smoker wrote:

> Reg said
>

>>MonopTN wrote:
>>

>>>Which remote thermometer do you all use? I am looking for one
>>>that can give me a meat reading, and a grill temp reading.

>>Good:
>>
>>Maverick. Though I have some opinions on what they could do
>>to improve their design, I've found them to be reliable.
>>Their claim of a 100 ft range is pretty "optimistic" though. In
>>real life you'll probably get about 50.

> I second the Maverick
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ddbcs

I agree but I had to replace a probe after 15-20 uses. I just bought
another since it was easier and they are fairly cheap.

Dan
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB

Heavy_Smoker wrote:
|| Reg said
||| Good:
||| Maverick. Though I have some opinions on what they could do
||| to improve their design, I've found them to be reliable.
||| Their claim of a 100 ft range is pretty "optimistic" though. In
||| real life you'll probably get about 50.
|| I second the Maverick
|| http://tinyurl.com/ddbcs

It's cheaper he
http://www.thegadgetsource.com/Merch...roduct_Count=8

BOB
--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Robin Wier

"MonopTN" > wrote in message
> Which remote thermometer do you all use? I am looking for one that can
> give me a meat reading, and a grill temp reading.

Front says "Redie-CHEK Smoker".
Back says "Maverick Industries, Inc.

Don't remember where got or how much($). Works well, and has lots of bells
and whistles if you need um!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Steve Calvin

Robin Wier wrote:
> "MonopTN" > wrote in message
>
>>Which remote thermometer do you all use? I am looking for one that can
>>give me a meat reading, and a grill temp reading.

> Front says "Redie-CHEK Smoker".
> Back says "Maverick Industries, Inc.
>
> Don't remember where got or how much($). Works well, and has lots of bells
> and whistles if you need um!

I use a Taylor with a remote monitor. So far <knocking on
wood> it's functioned flawlessly

Here's just one link:
http://www.weatherconnection.com/mfg... 9269&mfgno=15

--
Steve

If you can't beat 'em, they're not tied down properly.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dan Krueger

Steve Calvin wrote:

> Robin Wier wrote:
>
>> "MonopTN" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Which remote thermometer do you all use? I am looking for one that
>>> can give me a meat reading, and a grill temp reading.

>> Front says "Redie-CHEK Smoker".
>> Back says "Maverick Industries, Inc.
>>
>> Don't remember where got or how much($). Works well, and has lots of
>> bells and whistles if you need um!
>>

> I use a Taylor with a remote monitor. So far <knocking on wood> it's
> functioned flawlessly
>
> Here's just one link:
> http://www.weatherconnection.com/mfg... 9269&mfgno=15

That looks like a single probe thermometer. The Maverick will remotely
send the meat temp as well as the smoker temp. Both temps have
programmable alarms making it a great unit for overnight cooks.

Dan
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Steve Calvin

Dan Krueger wrote:
> Steve Calvin wrote:
>
>> Robin Wier wrote:

>>> Front says "Redie-CHEK Smoker".
>>> Back says "Maverick Industries, Inc.
>>>
>>> Don't remember where got or how much($). Works well, and has lots of
>>> bells and whistles if you need um!
>>>

>> I use a Taylor with a remote monitor. So far <knocking on wood> it's
>> functioned flawlessly
>>
>> Here's just one link:
>> http://www.weatherconnection.com/mfg... 9269&mfgno=15
>>

> That looks like a single probe thermometer. The Maverick will remotely
> send the meat temp as well as the smoker temp. Both temps have
> programmable alarms making it a great unit for overnight cooks.
>
> Dan

True. I didn't read the OP's post close enough - sorry - I
have a Mav that I bought afterwards. I should have read closer.

--
Steve

If you can't beat 'em, they're not tied down properly.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Hairy

"Dan Krueger" > wrote in message
k.net...
> Heavy_Smoker wrote:
>
> > Reg said

> >>Good:
> >>
> >>Maverick. Though I have some opinions on what they could do
> >>to improve their design, I've found them to be reliable.
> >>Their claim of a 100 ft range is pretty "optimistic" though. In
> >>real life you'll probably get about 50.

> > I second the Maverick
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/ddbcs
> >

> I agree but I had to replace a probe after 15-20 uses. I just bought
> another since it was easier and they are fairly cheap.
>
> Dan

Send them your broken probe and they'll send you a new one, free of charge.

Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dan Krueger

Hairy wrote:

> "Dan Krueger" > wrote in message
> k.net...
>
>>Heavy_Smoker wrote:
>>

>>>Reg said

>>>I second the Maverick
>>>
>>>http://tinyurl.com/ddbcs
>>>

>>I agree but I had to replace a probe after 15-20 uses. I just bought
>>another since it was easier and they are fairly cheap.
>>
>>Dan

> Send them your broken probe and they'll send you a new one, free of charge.
>
> Dave

I'll give it a shot. Nothing wrong with a back up!

Thanks,
Dan
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
MonopTN

Thanks for all the input. I have decided to get a Maverick with the 2
sensors for smoker/meat temp.

Thanks again!